Password protect extension

Discuss PivotX 2.0.x extensions here, and view extensions that are available for download.

Password protect extension

Postby ptr » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:33 pm

Topic for the Password Protect extension

Adds an option to the PivotX editor to protect pages and entries with passwords. You can give different passwords for entries/pages or define a default password for all protected content. You can also select to allow access (without giving the password) to users that are already logged into PivotX.

Latest version also supports protecting weblogs (categories and chapters were already added earlier).

Get the extension here: http://extensions.pivotx.net/?e=4
ptr
PivotX Team

Re: Password protect extension

Postby Jacky » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:24 pm

I've tried the pasword extension and it works but ... I can't get into my own pasword protected page, not with the given pasword. Strangle it ask's for a name and pasword but I never gave a inlogname like guest or admin. What am I doing wrong ?
Can somebody help me ?

Oh, I've set the page schrijfsels under protection, to try. The pasword is betrayed, just to try and see for you're self.
My web: http://www.betrayed.nl
Jacky

Postby hansfn » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:29 pm

From the webpage and docs:
Passwords are case-sensitive, but the used username is irrelevant.

The password - was it the default one (set in the extension config screen) or set on the actual page itself? There was a bug (which is fixed, but apparently not published) - the default password is ignored/not used. Try setting it in the page edit screen.
hansfn
Developer

Postby verlorenzoon » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:51 am

hmz, i'm getting a fatal error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function getdefault() in /home/p532/domains/cultuurmenu-lv.nl/public_html/pivotx/extensions/passwordprotect/admin_passwordprotect.php on line 226

anyone a clue?
verlorenzoon

Postby hansfn » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:10 am

Your PivotX is too old.
hansfn
Developer

Postby verlorenzoon » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:21 am

tnx, let's update! :-)
verlorenzoon

Postby ankedesign » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:55 pm

Hi all,

Two things I notice on the password extension. ( I am using PivotX 2.1.1. )

1- Pages that are password protected cannot be unprotected anymore.
It's seems permanent; When I mark the checkbox on a page to "use password protection on this page", save the page, and then unmark the checkbox and save again, the checkbox is marked again the next time I reload the page.
Only deactivating the password protection in the extension gives a visitor normal acces to that page again.

2- I get the same problem as described above; The password doesn't seem to be recognized. Not the default pw, and not a page specific one.
However... This problem only occurs on the live instance of the website. On the development site, which is an identical PivotX, the password is recognized. Could it be a server thing?

Thanx in advance for any help!
Last edited by ankedesign on Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ankedesign

Postby ankedesign » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:08 pm

Oh, and by the way
i'll update to 2.1.2. tomorrow, and will let you know if it makes any difference. (I just know that answer would come anyway) :)
ankedesign

Postby hansfn » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:17 pm

Hi! Thx for the report. I can reproduce the first problem (on PivotX 2.1.2). We are looking at it. I agree that the second problem might be server specific - I need to know more. FTP access is the quickest ..

PS! The warnings you posted is not related. It would make the thread less confusing if you deleted them ;-)
hansfn
Developer

Postby ankedesign » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:23 pm

Thanx, deleted the warnings;
I was instructed very well to first look at any debug output before complaining about something, ;) but most of the time I have no idea what is says.
ankedesign

Next

Return to 2.x Extensions