XML Sitemap extension

Discuss PivotX 2.0.x extensions here, and view extensions that are available for download.

XML Sitemap extension

Postby Kevin » Wed May 12, 2010 8:24 pm

This is the discussion topic for the XML Sitemap extension.

This extension enables you generate an XML Sitemap for your site. Sitemaps are an easy way for webmasters to inform search engines about pages on their sites that are available for crawling - read more on sitemaps.org.

Get the extension here: http://extensions.pivotx.net/entry/9/xml_sitemap.
BlogThemesExtensionsDocumentation • Support PivotX - Click the Donate button today!
Kevin
Administrator

Re: XML Sitemap extension

Postby Harm10 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:50 pm

On 2.2.5 MySQL. I activated this extension yesterday. Took a look at the config and let all variables default.
So now what? Am I missing the obivous here? Where (or when) will the sitemap file be created?
I've looked around in several maps in my install but cannot find it.................. :(
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Postby Schop » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:53 pm

As the documentation says, you should be able to see your sitemap at example.org/?xml_sitemap
Schop
Contributor

Postby Harm10 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:03 pm

Apparently that was too obvious................. I thought it would automagically create a file on my server in the map for my canonical host........ But you have to type ?xml_sitemap behind your own url in your browser to get a web page filled with the sitemap lines...... ;)
Perhaps an extra line in the docs would be in order to explain this to us ignorant ones............. :mrgreen:
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Postby gwbonline » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:15 am

Is it possible to reorder the url's that this extension generates? I noticed that Google indexes them like they are published by the extension. The main url is on top, followed by the available pages. Pages are followed by entries. I want the extension to generate all entries after the main url and after them all pages.
gwbonline

Postby hansfn » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:27 pm

The indexing order doesn't influence the page rank so I don't see what the problem is?

To answer your question, no, you can't reorder the links without editing the source code of the extension.
hansfn
Developer

Postby gwbonline » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:47 pm

I don't mean the pagerank. I mean the order Google indexes url's from my website. First comes the main url, after that all pages and as last the entries. I don't have the proof, but it's a fact that the XML Sitemap orders url's the way Google indexes them. Because entries are the most dynamic on my website, I want them first in the list the extension generates. I'll try to change the code myself.
gwbonline

Postby hansfn » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:03 pm

I don't mean the pagerank. I mean the order Google indexes url's from my website.

That was 110% clear from what you wrote, but why do you care? Anyway, you'll get what you want be editing the extension.
hansfn
Developer

Postby gwbonline » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:49 am

I care because Google indexes almost exactly the order of url's the extension generates. And I want the the order I mentioned before. Without trying I never find out if it makes sense. When I know more, I'll write it down here.
gwbonline

Return to 2.x Extensions