Extrafield question

Discuss PivotX 2.0.x extensions here, and view extensions that are available for download.

Extrafield question

Postby BosT » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:33 pm

After searching on the forum, I was wondering how I can add an extra field where I can do the same things as in the body or introduction (put some text, making hyperlinks and add pictures).
BosT

Re: Extrafield question

Postby hansfn » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:32 pm

hansfn
Developer

Postby BosT » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:11 pm

Ok, but which input type do I have to use so I can do the same things as in the introduction and body field? And how can I add this section to my front- and entrypage templates?
BosT

Postby hansfn » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:31 pm

You should select "wysiwyg editor" as Type and a suitable Location. My problem is that I can't get it to work myself ;-) I didn't write the extension ...

EDIT:

If you use PHP before version 5.2.5, you need to replace "$trace = debug_backtrace(false);" with "$trace = debug_backtrace();" in the function functionalCallBonusfieldsHook in the file extensions/bonusfields/hook_bonusfields.php. I still didn't get the Wysiwyg to work, but at least I got the text area... After switching to Wysiwyg in "My Info" I got the wysiwyg editor. (I normally don't use it.)
hansfn
Developer

Postby BosT » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:39 pm

Hm, still don't know how to use the bonus fields extension. I want to add an field with the same possibilities as the introduction and body field, where I can put text and images. I want to define only the extra field on the frontpage and only use the [[ introduction ]] and [[ body ]] on the entrypages. I installed the bonusfield extra, but don't know how I can add an extra field and how I can define it on the frontpage as I want.
Is there more documentation available? Thanks!
BosT

Postby Schop » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:49 pm

You can probably find the answer here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1504&start=10

the documentation of this extension is still lacking, because the part where it explains how you actually put these fields in your templates is missing.
Schop
Contributor

Return to 2.x Extensions