Slideshow extension

Discuss PivotX 2.0.x extensions here, and view extensions that are available for download.

Slideshow extension

Postby hansfn » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:16 pm

This is the discussion topic for the Slideshow extension.

Visit http://extensions.pivotx.net/entry/37/slideshow for download and more info.

New in version 0.8:
- new script versions
- new parms: css (select custom css (3 samples supplied)), zc (overrule zoom crop value of thumbnail creator), tooltip, ttopacity and uibefore (see documentation)
- standard css more robust

Version 0.10 has been released. See post entry below or changelog.markdown file for details.
hansfn
Developer

Re: Slideshow extension

Postby grimorg80 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:12 pm

Ahem.... how can I use it? I installed it through the Widget panel in the backend... but now what?
grimorg80

Postby Harm10 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:10 pm

Click on the documentation link after the widget description - on the Extension selection page (in your PivotX).
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
Harm10
Developer

Postby ppescher » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:31 pm

Hi,

Here's a patch for slideshow that includes a fix and some additions (sorry I haven't keep them separated):
- fix for image sort bug (order type is not applied due to a typo in php code)
- added recursive directory enumeration (this is really something I needed and should be made optional)
- added code from dirgallery extension to use IPTC data in image title (allows to be consistent throughout the whole site)

I've copied the configuration form dirgallery and put it under an "advanced" section at the end. This should be probably adjusted and also an option to activate recursion should be added. I implemented recursion only for "leaf" directories under the common base directory specified in config screen. This could become an option like:
- no recursion
- leaf subdirs
- full tree recursion (missing)

I hope someone might continue the work on this extension, since I don't foresee making other changes on it (I'm satisfied for now, since it's ok for the website I'm building - no time for me to develop this further at the moment).

Best,
Paolo

UPDATE: I reversed the patch, sorry. Now it's ok.
Attachments
slideshow_sortingfix_recursive_iptc.zip
Fix for sorting bug. Additions for recursive leaf dirs and IPTC comments.
(2.14 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
ppescher

Postby Bob » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:03 pm

Thanks Paolo,

I'll take a look at your changes/fixes, and merge them into SVN! :-)
Bob
Lead Developer

Postby Harm10 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:21 pm

Just to let you know that the download link to slideshow-latest doesn't give you the latest version! This version is to be found in the extensions-latest file! The typo in the css is still there............

Harm10
Developer

Postby hansfn » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:23 pm

There are no newer versions of the slideshow extension - the current version is 0.6. Downloading extensions-latest.zip will give you very little - and none of the stuff in the patch from ppescher. I'll probably have to apply the patch myself since Bob is very busy.
hansfn
Developer

Postby Harm10 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:37 am

I have to differ here..... Bob told me he had implemented my change and looking at the css in extensions-latest you can see he did.

Removed unnecessary code sample.

Harm10
Developer

Postby hansfn » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:43 am

There are no newer released versions of the slideshow extension. Maybe I just misunderstood you. Sorry. Many extensions will have minor fixes before new releases are made - we don't upload new version for every minor fix/change we make.

PS! There will be a new release quite soon - maybe today - when I have applied the patch above.
hansfn
Developer

Postby Harm10 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:17 pm

Although I understand your reasoning I think not everyone will be happy with it. How would someone know that there are minor fixes that are not yet ported to the specific latest file? Or what about when someone submits a change based on a not up-to-date version? Or maybe submits the same minor fix? Perhaps it's possible to show on the webpage of the extension itself that there are minor fixes and point the user to the full extensions file?

Harm10
Developer

Next

Return to 2.x Extensions