wzup to count all hits?

Discuss PivotX 2.0.x extensions here, and view extensions that are available for download.

wzup to count all hits?

Postby ranchox » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:14 am

Hi,

wzup actually counts multiple reads by the same user within 24 hours as only one read (by using a cookie).
Is it possible to change wzup that way that it counts each read (even from the same user) as a separate read?

I would like to get impressions on all hits of an entry so this change would be very useful for me.

Any idea? Thanks in advance
ranchox

Re: wzup to count all hits?

Postby Harm10 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:16 pm

I don't know for wzup but I know you can set the duration for the cookie in bbclone. This is also free software. After installation you can use the available extension to get the number of views on your entry/page.
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Postby Wim » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:31 pm

I would be able to add a configurable option for wzup to enable counting of multiple reads by the same user.

Just give me a few days to get this in place in the next version of wzup.
Wim

Postby ranchox » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:44 am

@ Wim: cool! With this configuration option wzup will get even more powerful! I will wait for the new release! Thanks!

One more question to the current wzup version: is it possible that wzup does not release the cookie after 24 hours? I made some tests on my page and realised that if I have read an article it does not matter how many days later I read it again. The wzup count will not count up until I reset my browser. That might be the reason why all my wzup counts are so low compared to my allover page visits.

@ Harm: thanks for the idea with bbclone. I did not think about that. I will perhaps use that count option for some other tasks.
ranchox

Postby Wim » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:12 pm

New version of wzup (v.0904) that has an option in the configuration panel to allow multiple hits by the same user for the same article to be counted.

See attached zip file.
Attachments
wzup-latest.zip
wzup 0904
(665.09 KiB) Downloaded 438 times
Wim

Postby ranchox » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:47 pm

That was fast! The new wzup version works perfect and counts all page hits separately now.

Thanks Wim!
ranchox

Return to 2.x Extensions