Bonus Forms

Discuss PivotX 2.0.x extensions here, and view extensions that are available for download.

Re: Bonus Forms

Postby Sanzine » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:38 am

Hi Marcel,

Sent you a PM.

Have deleted the ser_bonusforms.php and made a new form (just the Dutch contactform). That works perfectly. After that deleted the new ser_bonusforms.php again and uploaded the old one. Again, it still doesn't work.

Is there something wrong in the file?
Sanzine

Postby marcelfw » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:44 pm

I might have found it. When I disabled "Use output caching" it seems to work a whole lot better.

Do you use output caching?
marcelfw

Postby Sanzine » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:54 pm

I haven't enabled output caching...
Sanzine

Postby marcelfw » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:28 am

0.9 released.

Ability to enable/disable actions and fields
- temporarily disable an action
- temporarily disable a field
Added file fieldtype, including validation options
- validations are required, specific file types, file min/max size (system dependent), for image: min/max size,
- only single file supported (html-only)
- file can be stored at any location
- file can be 'mailed' (the file location is send in the mail)
marcelfw

Postby Sanzine » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:22 am

Hello!

I have a question regarding the 'tell-a-friend' form. I thought that a 'tell-a-friend' button is used when someone wants to notify a 'friend' of a certain webpage, so this would mean sending the URL to this page.

Shouldn't the message that is sent include the URL from the (in my case) entry? I have added the standard form and it only sends the message that is entered in the form. And if that isn't built in, how can I add this to the message.

Thanks!
Sanzine

Postby marcelfw » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:19 am

I cannot offer you a simple solution for this (not simpler than I describe here).

On every page where you have the link to the page 'tell-a-friend', you'll have to change the link to also include the link to the page itself. For example.

Change this: <a href="/page/tell-a-friend">Tell-a-friend</a>
To this: <a href="/page/tell-a-friend?url=/entry/2012-01-20/best-news-in-the-world">Tell-a-friend</a>

For example in an entry template you probably would change the link to: <a href="/page/tell-a-friend?url=[[$entry.link|escape]]">Tell-a-friend</a>

Next you'll have to add this new parameter URL to the "message" field.

For example to set the URL completely in the message field:
[[bonusformsetvalue form="formname" field="message" value=$smarty.get.url|escape]]

"formname" is the name of the form, basically the same as the form=".." parameter in [[bonusform form=".."]].

This explains the basics of how to do this. Sorry it can't really be simpler.
marcelfw

Postby danielschut » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:49 pm

Hi MArcelfw,

Again thanks for making BonusForms, I've put it in almost all of my pages right now.

One question though: if you look at this page:

http://www.deluistervinken.nl/archive/2 ... orica-2012

You'll see on the bottom of the page I've used your form.

The question:

I notice when testing this form that, if I check one of the three boxes, then I don't see the result in the email that gets sent. In other words: a user can check either one of all of the three checkboxes ('Spreken vanuit het hart', 'Oud-Hollandsche Rederijkerstrucs' or 'Yes you can!') but I don't see any sign of this in the email I get.

Have I done something wrong in the setup?

Thanks in advance!
danielschut

Postby marcelfw » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:36 am

danielschut wrote:I notice when testing this form that, if I check one of the three boxes, then I don't see the result in the email that gets sent. In other words: a user can check either one of all of the three checkboxes ('Spreken vanuit het hart', 'Oud-Hollandsche Rederijkerstrucs' or 'Yes you can!') but I don't see any sign of this in the email I get.

Have I done something wrong in the setup?

I don't think so, but you probably have not set the 'preset value' to the value you want to be mailed. It should have been documented, but when using 'checkbox' you always have to set the 'preset value'.

Cheers,
Marcel
marcelfw

Postby danielschut » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:40 am

Hi Marcel,

Thanks! I had set a preset value, but set it to 'placeholder' - I gather from the downloadpage it should be 'default', right?

Something else though: I notice that many of the changes I make don't get updated. For example, just now, when I wanted to change the preset value from 'placeholder' to 'default', the extensions proceeds as if it is saving the changes, but if I check back, it didn't update.

I think this might point to either:

1) a specific glitch in my installation

2) or: something not working in Chrome (I remember for a time that uploading a picture didn't work well in Chrome either)

I already tried to reinstall the extension yesterday.

Thanks again!
danielschut

Postby danielschut » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:55 am

Hmm, I edited the form in Firefox. The preset value is now set to 'default' with a text there, but it still doesn't work. I'm posting the code I copied from the 'export' function, maybe you can see something there?

Code: Select all
{"type":"form","name":"Open Cursus Retorica 2012","enctype":"application\/x-www-form-urlencoded","method":"post","title":"Open Cursus Retorica 2012","buttonsend":"Verstuur","formtheme":"bonusforms","formdirectory":"","formclass":"","formanchor":"","buttonreset":"Wis","items":[{"type":"text","name":"name","label":"uw naam","optgroup":"html5","required":"required","validations":"required","bfform":"","flow":"storefield","enabled":"yes","help":"","presettype":"default","preset":"","reqtype":"","min_len":"","max_len":"","regexp":"","regexp_invalidmessage":"","containerclass":"","inputclass":""},{"type":"text","name":"email","label":"uw e-mailadres","optgroup":"html5","required":"required","reqtype":"email","validations":"required;reqtype","bfform":"","flow":"storefield","enabled":"yes","help":"","presettype":"default","preset":"","min_len":"","max_len":"","regexp":"","regexp_invalidmessage":"","containerclass":"","inputclass":""},{"type":"text","name":"subject","label":"onderwerp","optgroup":"html5","required":"","validations":"","bfform":"","flow":"storefield","enabled":"yes","help":"","presettype":"default","preset":"Ja, ik schrijf me graag in voor:","reqtype":"","min_len":"","max_len":"","regexp":"","regexp_invalidmessage":"","containerclass":"","inputclass":""},{"type":"checkbox","name":"Spreken vanuit het hart","label":"Spreken vanuit het hart","optgroup":"html5","bfform":"","flow":"storefield","validations":"","enabled":"yes","help":"","presettype":"default","preset":"Spreken vanuit het hart","required":"","reqtype":"","min_len":"","max_len":"","regexp":"","regexp_invalidmessage":"","containerclass":"","inputclass":""},{"type":"checkbox","name":"Oud-Hollandsche Rederijkerstrucs","label":"Oud-Hollandsche Rederijkerstrucs","optgroup":"html5","bfform":"","flow":"storefield","validations":"","enabled":"yes","help":"","presettype":"default","preset":"Oud-Hollandsche Rederijkerstrucs","required":"","reqtype":"","min_len":"","max_len":"","regexp":"","regexp_invalidmessage":"","containerclass":"","inputclass":""},{"type":"checkbox","name":"Yes you can!","label":"Yes you can!","optgroup":"html5","bfform":"","flow":"storefield","validations":"","enabled":"yes","help":"","presettype":"default","preset":"Yes you can!","required":"","reqtype":"","min_len":"","max_len":"","regexp":"","regexp_invalidmessage":"","containerclass":"","inputclass":""},{"type":"textarea","name":"comment","label":"opmerking\/vraag","optgroup":"html5","required":"","min_len":"10","validations":"length","bfform":"","flow":"storefield","enabled":"yes","help":"","presettype":"default","preset":"","reqtype":"","max_len":"","regexp":"","regexp_invalidmessage":"","containerclass":"","inputclass":""}],"actions":[{"type":"validate","name":"validate","label":"validate","fail_text":"U moet alle verplichte velden invoeren."},{"type":"spamprotect","name":"spamprotect","label":"spamprotect","noscript_text":"You have to enable javascript to submit forms.","fail_text":"De website spambeveiliging heeft het formulier geblokkeerd, probeer het nog een keer.","spam_hashcash":"spam_hashcash"},{"type":"mail","name":"mail","label":"mail","mailer":"","additional_parameters":"","glob_bcc":"","mail_group1":"","mail_addresses1":"","mail_group2":"","mail_addresses2":"","mail_group3":"","mail_addresses3":"","mail_group4":"","mail_addresses4":"","mail_group5":"","mail_addresses5":"","mail_group6":"","mail_addresses6":"","mail_group7":"","mail_addresses7":"","mail_group8":"","mail_addresses8":"","mail_group9":"","mail_addresses9":"","mail_group10":"","mail_addresses10":"","mail_group11":"","mail_addresses11":"","mail_group12":"","mail_addresses12":"","mail_group13":"","mail_addresses13":"","mail_group14":"","mail_addresses14":"","mail_group15":"","mail_addresses15":"","mail_group16":"","mail_addresses16":"","mail_group17":"","mail_addresses17":"","mail_group18":"","mail_addresses18":"","mail_group19":"","mail_addresses19":"","mail_group20":"","mail_addresses20":"","mail_group21":"","mail_addresses21":"","mail_group22":"","mail_addresses22":"","mail_group23":"","mail_addresses23":"","mail_group24":"","mail_addresses24":"","mail_group25":"","mail_addresses25":"","mail_group26":"","mail_addresses26":"","mail_group27":"","mail_addresses27":"","mail_group28":"","mail_addresses28":"","mail_group29":"","mail_addresses29":"","mail_group30":"","mail_addresses30":"","mail_group31":"","mail_addresses31":"","mail_group32":"","mail_addresses32":"","mail_group33":"","mail_addresses33":"","mail_group34":"","mail_addresses34":"","mail_group35":"","mail_addresses35":"","mail_group36":"","mail_addresses36":"","mail_group37":"","mail_addresses37":"","mail_group38":"","mail_addresses38":"","mail_group39":"","mail_addresses39":"","mail_group40":"","mail_addresses40":"","mail_group41":"","mail_addresses41":"","mail_group42":"","mail_addresses42":"","mail_group43":"","mail_addresses43":"","mail_group44":"","mail_addresses44":"","mail_group45":"","mail_addresses45":"","mail_group46":"","mail_addresses46":"","mail_group47":"","mail_addresses47":"","mail_group48":"","mail_addresses48":"","mail_group49":"","mail_addresses49":"","mail_group50":"","mail_addresses50":"","fail_text":"De website kon de mail niet versturen.","from_name_preset":"field-name","from_email_preset":"field-email","to_name_preset":"","to_name":"Website","to_email_preset":"","to_email":"daniel.schut@gmail.com","subject_preset":"field-subject","bfform":"","flow":"storeaction","enabled":"yes","from_name":"","from_email":"","subject":"","bcc":"","plain_template":""},{"type":"message","name":"message","label":"message","fail_text":"Formulier kon niet worden gestuurd.","success_text":"<strong>Bedankt voor uw opmerking.<a href=\"http:\/\/deluistervinken.nl\/archive\/2012-04-08\/open-cursus-retorica-2012#body-anchor\"> Terug naar formulier<\/a><\/strong>","bfform":"","flow":"storeaction","enabled":"yes","pivotx_page":"","pivotx_uri":"","redirect_url":""}]}
danielschut

PreviousNext

Return to 2.x Extensions