Bonus Forms

Discuss PivotX 2.0.x extensions here, and view extensions that are available for download.

Re: Bonus Forms

Postby danielschut » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:12 pm

Marcel?
danielschut

Postby Harm10 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:48 pm

danielschut wrote:Marcel?
I mailed Marcel to put his attention to this.
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Postby marcelfw » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:04 am

danielschut wrote:Hmm, I edited the form in Firefox. The preset value is now set to 'default' with a text there, but it still doesn't work. I'm posting the code I copied from the 'export' function, maybe you can see something there?

The data looks good, but I haven't had the time to verify it yet. You have the latest version of bonusforms on the site?
marcelfw

Postby danielschut » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:43 pm

@marcel: yes, I installed a new version about three weeks ago.
danielschut

Postby silvercliff » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:06 am

I am having a problem with BonusForms. I was playing around with a contact form, and I seem to have got the hang of it, but I keep getting the "The website could not send mail." whenever I try to send. It has done done this since I first installed the extension. The log shows this:

2012-04-30 19:45:41 [#6577/contact] Processed all pre-actions
2012-04-30 19:45:41 [#6577/contact] Action "message" was a success
2012-04-30 19:45:41 [#6577/contact] Action "mail" was a success
2012-04-30 19:45:41 [#6577/contact] Action "spamprotect" is disabled and thus ignored
2012-04-30 19:45:41 [#6577/contact] Action "validate" was a success
2012-04-30 19:45:41 [#6577/contact] Processing pre-actions
2012-04-30 19:45:41 [#6577/contact] Processed all post-actions
2012-04-30 19:45:41 [#6577/contact] Action "mail" stopped other postprocessing actions
2012-04-30 19:45:41 [#6577/mail-default] Bcc ""
2012-04-30 19:45:41 [#6577/mail-default] To "Name "
2012-04-30 19:45:41 [#6577/contact] Action "spamprotect" is disabled and thus ignored
2012-04-30 19:45:41 [#6577/contact] Action "validate" was a success
2012-04-30 19:45:41 [#6577/contact] Processing post-actions

The form is like this:

Code: Select all
{"type":"form","name":"contact","enctype":"application\/x-www-form-urlencoded","method":"post","title":"Contact form","buttonsend":"Send","formtheme":"bonusforms","formdirectory":"","formclass":"","formanchor":"","buttonreset":"","items":[{"type":"text","name":"name","label":"Name:","optgroup":"html5","required":"required","validations":"required;reqtype","bfform":"","flow":"storefield","enabled":"yes","help":"","presettype":"placeholder","preset":"Your Name","reqtype":"string","min_len":"","max_len":"","regexp":"","regexp_invalidmessage":"","containerclass":"","inputclass":""},{"type":"text","name":"email","label":"Email Address:","optgroup":"html5","required":"required","reqtype":"email","validations":"required;reqtype","bfform":"","flow":"storefield","enabled":"yes","help":"","presettype":"placeholder","preset":"you@email.com","min_len":"","max_len":"","regexp":"","regexp_invalidmessage":"","containerclass":"","inputclass":""},{"type":"text","name":"phone-number","label":"Phone Number","optgroup":"html5","bfform":"","flow":"storefield","validations":"reqtype","enabled":"yes","help":"","presettype":"default","preset":"","required":"","reqtype":"integer","min_len":"","max_len":"","regexp":"","regexp_invalidmessage":"","containerclass":"","inputclass":""},{"type":"plain","name":"areas-of-interest","label":"Areas of Interest:","optgroup":"html5","bfform":"","flow":"storefield","validations":"","enabled":"yes","help":"","presettype":"default","preset":"","required":"","reqtype":"","min_len":"","max_len":"","regexp":"","regexp_invalidmessage":"","containerclass":"","inputclass":""},{"type":"checkbox","name":"1-on-1","label":"1-on-1","optgroup":"html5","bfform":"","flow":"storefield","validations":"","enabled":"yes","help":"","presettype":"default","preset":"1-on-1","required":"","reqtype":"","min_len":"","max_len":"","regexp":"","regexp_invalidmessage":"","containerclass":"","inputclass":""},{"type":"checkbox","name":"group","label":"Group","optgroup":"html5","bfform":"","flow":"storefield","validations":"","enabled":"yes","help":"","presettype":"default","preset":"group","required":"","reqtype":"","min_len":"","max_len":"","regexp":"","regexp_invalidmessage":"","containerclass":"","inputclass":""},{"type":"checkbox","name":"boot-camp","label":"Boot Camp","optgroup":"html5","bfform":"","flow":"storefield","validations":"","enabled":"yes","help":"","presettype":"default","preset":"Boot Camp","required":"","reqtype":"","min_len":"","max_len":"","regexp":"","regexp_invalidmessage":"","containerclass":"","inputclass":""},{"type":"textarea","name":"comments","label":"Questions or Comments:","optgroup":"html5","required":"","min_len":"0","validations":"reqtype;length","bfform":"","flow":"storefield","enabled":"yes","help":"","presettype":"placeholder","preset":"If you have any comments or questions, put them here.","reqtype":"string","max_len":"","regexp":"","regexp_invalidmessage":"","containerclass":"","inputclass":""}],"actions":[{"type":"validate","name":"validate","label":"validate","fail_text":"You have to enter all required fields."},{"type":"spamprotect","name":"spamprotect","label":"spamprotect","noscript_text":"You have to enable javascript to submit forms.","fail_text":"The website spamprotection has blocked your form, please try to submit again.","spam_hashcash":"","bfform":"","flow":"storeaction","enabled":"no"},{"type":"mail","name":"mail","label":"mail","mailer":"","additional_parameters":"","glob_bcc":"","mail_group1":"","mail_addresses1":"","mail_group2":"","mail_addresses2":"","mail_group3":"","mail_addresses3":"","mail_group4":"","mail_addresses4":"","mail_group5":"","mail_addresses5":"","mail_group6":"","mail_addresses6":"","mail_group7":"","mail_addresses7":"","mail_group8":"","mail_addresses8":"","mail_group9":"","mail_addresses9":"","mail_group10":"","mail_addresses10":"","mail_group11":"","mail_addresses11":"","mail_group12":"","mail_addresses12":"","mail_group13":"","mail_addresses13":"","mail_group14":"","mail_addresses14":"","mail_group15":"","mail_addresses15":"","mail_group16":"","mail_addresses16":"","mail_group17":"","mail_addresses17":"","mail_group18":"","mail_addresses18":"","mail_group19":"","mail_addresses19":"","mail_group20":"","mail_addresses20":"","mail_group21":"","mail_addresses21":"","mail_group22":"","mail_addresses22":"","mail_group23":"","mail_addresses23":"","mail_group24":"","mail_addresses24":"","mail_group25":"","mail_addresses25":"","mail_group26":"","mail_addresses26":"","mail_group27":"","mail_addresses27":"","mail_group28":"","mail_addresses28":"","mail_group29":"","mail_addresses29":"","mail_group30":"","mail_addresses30":"","mail_group31":"","mail_addresses31":"","mail_group32":"","mail_addresses32":"","mail_group33":"","mail_addresses33":"","mail_group34":"","mail_addresses34":"","mail_group35":"","mail_addresses35":"","mail_group36":"","mail_addresses36":"","mail_group37":"","mail_addresses37":"","mail_group38":"","mail_addresses38":"","mail_group39":"","mail_addresses39":"","mail_group40":"","mail_addresses40":"","mail_group41":"","mail_addresses41":"","mail_group42":"","mail_addresses42":"","mail_group43":"","mail_addresses43":"","mail_group44":"","mail_addresses44":"","mail_group45":"","mail_addresses45":"","mail_group46":"","mail_addresses46":"","mail_group47":"","mail_addresses47":"","mail_group48":"","mail_addresses48":"","mail_group49":"","mail_addresses49":"","mail_group50":"","mail_addresses50":"","fail_text":"The website could not send mail.","from_name_preset":"field-name","from_email_preset":"field-email","to_name_preset":"","to_name":"Name","to_email_preset":"","to_email":"name@email.com","subject_preset":"","bfform":"","flow":"storeaction","enabled":"yes","from_name":"","from_email":"","subject":"Website Contact","bcc":"","plain_template":""},{"type":"message","name":"message","label":"message","fail_text":"Form could not be submitted.","success_text":"Thank you for your comment.","bfform":"","flow":"storeaction","enabled":"yes","pivotx_page":"contact","pivotx_uri":"","redirect_url":""}]}

Does any of that help? Is there some option I have missed?
silvercliff

Postby marcelfw » Tue May 01, 2012 7:23 am

It all seems ok, and testing it seems to work fine for me.
So it must be something else.

I presume you have change the 'to name' and 'to e-mail' to some dummy value. It is however important what you put there. In the name-field you should not use " (quotes), @ (at-sign) and maybe some other characters neither. I would not use ; (semi-colon) or , (comma) either.
For the email-address. Don't use spaces or commas. Only a simple address is allowed.

It's not documented and it is also not check by the mail-action.

Does this help?
marcelfw

Postby silvercliff » Wed May 02, 2012 3:06 am

Thanks for the reply. It must be a problem with php on my test server, because I put it up on the webhost to test it, and it worked. I have had some pretty major issues transfering the test environment to he live environment. Pages and entries just wouldnt show up in the dashboard in the live environment :S Luckily the site isnt that big, so I created them new again.

Thanks for the ressponse :)
silvercliff

Postby Harm10 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:19 pm

A new version (0.15) has been released.
This version offers some improvements most important being support for UTF-8 in the mails.
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Postby Sanzine » Fri May 23, 2014 9:52 am

Using Bonus Forms (0.15) in PivotX (2.3.9). All works fine, expect that after sending it shows an 'error' message.

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/pdkd211042/domains/[[domain]].nl/public_html/pivotx/extensions/bonusforms/bonusforms_actions.php on line 1240

I already asked the hosting provider to change the php.ini to set display_error = off, but onfortunately they won't do that as it's a shared hosting server.

Is there any other way to solve this?
Sanzine

Postby hansfn » Fri May 23, 2014 11:29 am

Hi, I think (not 100% sure) that the warning will disappear if you replace

public function set_config(&$config)

with

public function set_config($config)

on line 186 of bonusforms/hook_bonusforms.php.
hansfn
Developer

PreviousNext

Return to 2.x Extensions