Nivoslider

Discuss PivotX 2.0.x extensions here, and view extensions that are available for download.

Re: Nivoslider

Postby EdwinH » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:30 am

Hi Harm, Yes and no. That's suitable for us, but for the "non wizkids" is would be easier to manage it directly when uploaden an image (like you do with the JQuiry pop-up). Perhaps something the builders of PivotX can intergrate in a update?
EdwinH

Postby Harm10 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:26 am

EdwinH wrote:for the "non wizkids" is would be easier to manage it directly when uploaden an image (like you do with the JQuery pop-up). Perhaps something the builders of PivotX can integrate in a update?
I think uploading sets of images through the dashboard is quite doable for "non wizkids" ;)
PivotX will not undergo big functional updates (and this is one) anymore now Bolt is here and Piv4 will be soon. PivotX will be still supported for small fixes and bugs for a long time to come.
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Postby EdwinH » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:00 pm

One more question. When i use the nivoslider in two postings on one page, the seconde first posting (lowest on the page) stay's loading. One in the last posting the images are shown. Someone a idea where it goes wrong?
EdwinH

Postby Harm10 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:26 pm

EdwinH wrote:One more question. When i use the nivoslider in two postings on one page, the seconde first posting (lowest on the page) stay's loading. One in the last posting the images are shown. Someone a idea where it goes wrong?
The current setup of Nivoslider is that you cannot put more than 1 slider per page. As John probably lacks the time to change it I am currently busy with a new version which also includes the new script and some other new parms. So have patience!

Harm10
Developer

Postby Harm10 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:05 pm

New version released 0.12: contains a lot of enhancements (see changelog in zip). Like multiple sliders per page, using thumbnails from the same folder and skipping them in the slider, different themes and support for different image sizes.

As there are a lot of changes and a far newer version of the nivoslider script please report any problems with this release here.

Harm10
Developer

Postby EdwinH » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:25 am

The update does the job. Now i can post more nivosliders on one page. One small bug sofar: the bullets (so you can skip to a certain photo) are one displayed on the last posting.
EdwinH

Postby Harm10 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:43 pm

After I changed the extension I made a sample page on my own site:
http://www.remark-webdesign.nl/page/nivoslider-en/remarkwebdesignen#navigation
To me the bullets look specific per slider. So perhaps you can explain in more detail what you mean?

Harm10
Developer

Postby Effevee » Mon May 06, 2013 6:31 pm

Harm10 wrote:New version released 0.12: contains a lot of enhancements (see changelog in zip). Like multiple sliders per page, using thumbnails from the same folder and skipping them in the slider, different themes and support for different image sizes.

As there are a lot of changes and a far newer version of the nivoslider script please report any problems with this release here.

Hi,

I'm using Nivoslider in my header template to rotate some pictures on the top of my webpages.

Code: Select all
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" [[lang type='xml']] [[lang type='html']]>
<head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
    [[ if $pagetype=="entry" ]]
          <meta name="author" content="[[ user ]]">
     <meta name="description" content="[[ $entry.introduction|parse|strip_tags|trimlen:250:'..' ]]" />
     <meta name="keywords" content="[[ $entry.keywords|replace:' ':', ' ]]" />
     <meta name="revised" content='[[ $entry.edit_date|trimlen:11:'' ]]' />
    [[ else ]] [[ if $pagetype=="page" ]]
          <meta name="author" content="[[ user ]]">
     <meta name="description" content="[[ $page.introduction|parse|strip_tags|trimlen:250:'..' ]]" />
     <meta name="keywords" content="[[ $page.keywords|replace:' ':', ' ]]" />
     <meta name="revised" content='[[ $page.edit_date|trimlen:11:'' ]]' />
    [[ else ]]
          [[ getpage uri="about"]] 
     <meta name="author" content="[[ $page.user ]]">
     <meta name="description" content="[[ $page.introduction|parse|strip_tags|trimlen:250:'..' ]]" />
     <meta name="keywords" content="[[ $page.keywords|replace:' ':', ' ]]" />
     <meta name="revised" content='[[ $page.edit_date|trimlen:11:'' ]]' />
    [[ /if ]]
    [[ /if ]]
    <meta name="copyright" content="Copyright © 2003-2013 Frank Vergote">

<title>
        [[ if $pagetype=="entry" || $pagetype=="page" ]][[title]] - [[sitename]]
        [[ else ]][[sitename]][[/if]]
    </title>

<link href="[[ template_dir base="true" ]]pivotx_essentials.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" /> 
    <link href="[[ template_dir ]]style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" />
</head>

<body>
    <a name="top"></a>
    <div id="wrapper">
        <div id="header">
        <a href="[[home]]">[[ nivoslider
            path                = "images/banner"
            cssFile             = "pivotx/extensions/nivoslider/nivo-slider.css"
            orderby             = "" 
        pauseTime    = 15000
        startSlide        = 26
        effect        = "fade"
            caption             = 0
        theme        = "bar"
        ]]</a>
        </div>

Whenever somebody posts a comment to an entry, the webpage shows all the slides from the nivoslider simultanuously, instead of the webpage with the confirmation message that the comment was posted. If I comment out nivoslider in my header template, the comment post behaves as expected.

I'm using the standard comment template of PivotX without modifications. Website http://effevee.dyndns.org:8001/

Any ideas on how to solve this ?

Thanks in advance.

Effevee
Visit Effevee's reisblog on http://effevee.dyndns.org:8001
Effevee

Postby Harm10 » Mon May 06, 2013 7:55 pm

This is very weird indeed. In fact you cannot post a comment when using Firefox (either clicking preview or post -- nothing happens).
In IE10 I get the behaviour you describe albeit only the nivoslider images are shown (so the rest of the page seems to be gone).
No errors in the console log.
I am at a loss and in essence do not know where to begin looking.
Maybe someone else can help you (like the author of the extension)? I don't have time enough for this right now.

Harm10
Developer

Postby Effevee » Tue May 07, 2013 7:06 pm

Harm10 wrote:This is very weird indeed. In fact you cannot post a comment when using Firefox (either clicking preview or post -- nothing happens).
In IE10 I get the behaviour you describe albeit only the nivoslider images are shown (so the rest of the page seems to be gone).
No errors in the console log.
I am at a loss and in essence do not know where to begin looking.
Maybe someone else can help you (like the author of the extension)? I don't have time enough for this right now.

Hi Harm,

I have given up on nivoslider and instead tested some alternatives.

The standard PivotX Slideshow extension misbehaves just as nivoslider does. I believe the webpage after the post of the comment is just hidden beneath the pictures.

Then I tested your Cycleshow extension and with a positive result :D Minor issue is that the latest FF doesn't seem to let you post any comments, but I can live with that.

Thanks for the input.

Effevee.
Visit Effevee's reisblog on http://effevee.dyndns.org:8001
Effevee

PreviousNext

Return to 2.x Extensions