Useragent Information in Comments

Discuss PivotX 2.0.x extensions here, and view extensions that are available for download.

Useragent Information in Comments

Postby Stingray » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:09 am

Added by hansfn 2011-06-11: This extension is now available at extensions.pivotx.net - see http://extensions.pivotx.net/entry/56/uaincomments.

Information: http://pivotx.mobius-design.net/?p=useragent-info-in-comments
Demonstration: http://pivotx.mobius-design.net/?e=5

If you would like to display some useragent information (Operating System and browser used) of the visitors who comment at your site, this is the extension for you. I highly suggest going to both of the links above.

I've already got an update in the works further implementing remote resources, but that's not quite ready yet.
Stingray

Re: Useragent Information in Comments

Postby Stingray » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:46 pm

The extension has been updated to version 1.1.

UPDATES
  • A simple bug fix with regard to PivotX paths (thanks, hans).
  • The translation routine is now accessible remotely.
  • If remote resources are unavailable, for whatever reason, the extension reverts to using local resources.
  • A custom unknown operating system/browser image can be used, as set in the extension configuration.
Stingray

Postby Stingray » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:32 am

If anyone is using this extension, you might notice that there is an update available for the translation routine. If you are using remote resources, there is no need to update. If you are using local resources, follow the instructions in the extension configuration. At this time, there is no need to udpate the useragent images.
Stingray

Postby Stingray » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:20 pm

I will be submitting an update for this extension. I have updated it to version 2.0. The biggest change, and the reason for such a big leap in numbering, is the support for themes. No longer are you limited to my skill in creating images; now you can make a theme to match your site's theme.

For more info: http://pivotx.mobius-design.net/?p=useragent-info-in-comments
Stingray

Postby Stingray » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:17 am

If you like to keep the most up-to-date resources on your site, you'll have to update the useragents.db file as well as the pics and grayscale theme (if you're using it).
Stingray

Postby Stingray » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:49 am

The translation routine file is updated. There is no need to update anything else.
Stingray

Postby Stingray » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:48 am

I've been gone for a while, but I just submitted version 2.1 of this extension to Hans for update on the extensions page. If you don't want to wait, visit the link the first post to download.

UPDATES:
  • cross references local useragent images (even in themes) with those required by useragents.db in order to show you any missing images.
  • bug fix: html oversight in resource comparison display and message
  • bug fix: component version check while using remote resources gives false fail
  • bug fix: undefined browser type returns "<" if remote resources are used

Please let me know if you find any other bugs.
Stingray

Postby hansfn » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:35 pm

The new release has been uploaded to extensions.pivotx.net. Thx, Stingray!

PS! I noticed that the extension no longer contains the grayscale theme - download that separately.
hansfn
Developer

Return to 2.x Extensions