Sticky topic for extension ideas?

Discuss PivotX 2.0.x extensions here, and view extensions that are available for download.

Sticky topic for extension ideas?

Postby verbaljam » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:19 pm

It would be nice to have a sticky topic in this section where users can post their suggestions for extensions. This way developers can see what extensions are most wanted/needed in the community, so that they can bring their skills into action in the most useful way.
If you read Dutch, you read Verbal Jam.
Lack of documentation makes even the best program useless...
verbaljam

Re: Sticky topic for extension ideas?

Postby hansfn » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:12 am

We kind of want to use UserVoice for this since it's easier to vote there. I guess the problem is that not everybody knows about our UserVoice-forum...
hansfn
Developer

Postby verbaljam » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:13 am

@HansF, you're right, now that you mention it I remember that such a thing exists. But as you see: I forgot about it.
Personally I don't think this extra external place is a good idea. It's best to keep the forum as the center of the community and all activities, also because people get notified by mail about changes and answers.
Furthermore I think that the voting system doesn't add any real value. We depend on the kind voluntary work of developers, I guess they're driven by motivation/curiosity/interest to develop a plugin, instead of number of votes.
So I advocate to keep this sticky topic as the place for extension-suggestions.
If you read Dutch, you read Verbal Jam.
Lack of documentation makes even the best program useless...
verbaljam

Postby Marza » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:05 pm

Why not combine the two? A sticky topic to draw attention to suggestions, that can link to UserVoice to collect votes. Best of both worlds.

By the way, isn't UserVoice meant for wishes to be implemented in upcoming versions of PivotX? I think Verbaljam is looking for a place where he can challenge extension developers to solve problems that are not in the core of PivotX (yet).
Marza

Postby hansfn » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:01 pm

I have created a sticky topic/thread for extension ideas. Go ahead and post your ideas :D
hansfn
Developer

Return to 2.x Extensions