Extension ideas

Discuss PivotX 2.0.x extensions here, and view extensions that are available for download.

Extension ideas

Postby hansfn » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:58 pm

Post your extension ideas in this thread. If you're lucky a PivotX developer/PHP programmer will pick up your idea and implement it.

In addition you can post your extension idea on the PivotX UserVoice page so other users vote on it.
hansfn
Developer

Re: Extension ideas

Postby verbaljam » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:35 pm

Good work Hans. As initiator of this list, I feel obliged to kick off the 'wishlist'. ;-)

A few plugins I had in Nucleus (my previous cms) and that are not yet in PivotX:

- x-years ago: an extension that displays links to entries for the same date one year ago, two years ago etc. When there is no item on the exact date, it looks for the nearest date.
- Extension that puts a link under an entry to mail the entry to someone.
I admit, they might seem a bit 'trivial', but bloggers like them. ;-)

Other wishes:
- More options in the PivotX-Tools, like multiple selection of entries and assign categories to them.
- Update to Gallery-extension: title should be displayed instead of filename in Fancybox (or is it the Fancybox that needs an update here?).
If you read Dutch, you read Verbal Jam.
Lack of documentation makes even the best program useless...
verbaljam

Postby Philx » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:53 pm

I'd like the same as I posted on the User Voice. A 'depublish' extension for use with flat files please.
Philx

Postby verbaljam » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:21 pm

A warning system for admins that is triggered when commenters with the same IP use different nicknames.
verbaljam

Postby jz1977 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:40 pm

if you use the cloudflare.com service, this comes with the feature your talking about.
-Jeff Zakovec
jz1977

Postby jz1977 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:47 pm

plugin ideas.

Duplicate post remover by title name.
mod_rewrite update using extension name such as .html .php or a slash for the ending.
image caching plugin to save external images.

-Jeff Zakovec
jz1977

SOCIAL NETWORKS ANNOUNCER

Postby blausand » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:08 pm

Today, we discussed how much time is consumed to maintain social network channels after the bLog has been updated. And the stubborn public refuses to make proper use of the glorious RSS feed. :twisted:

The common experience is that the majority of authors declines automatic posting as a too stiff solution.
Having tampered with the backend for a while, i suggested the following solution:
  • Several Containers are added at the bottom of the backend editor, one per network.
  • These containers are PREFILLED with headline, subtitle, Short- URL etc. according to the extension's settings AS YOU WRITE the article/page.
  • Finally, you check these generated tweets and posts and eventually modify them.
  • Each one has a checkmark to control whether a post is triggered or not when you submit.
(Furthermore, these checkmarks could be replaced by a command button when an article is updated.)

I know that dealing with all the APIs of Google+, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, identi.ca etc. is not as trivial as the necessary backend adaptions.
However, this service is not available in that form even to vv0rdpreff folks, so it might bring back quite some attention to PivotX :D
Now i'd be happy to read some thought on that 8-)
-=- using pivotX 2.3.6 -=- having multiSite installation -=- loving extensions -=- breaking free from fixed width bLog-layouts -=- adding wild js and css to templates -=-
blausand

Postby janniz » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:53 pm

blausand wrote:Today, we discussed how much time is consumed to maintain social network channels after the bLog has been updated. And the stubborn public refuses to make proper use of the glorious RSS feed. :twisted:

+1 for this... (or anything else like the WP Social Discussion plugin)
janniz

Postby verbaljam » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:57 pm

A really, really great plugin would be a plugin that makes pdf-documents from a given number of entries. That way it is (for instance) possible to create ebooks from your blog.
verbaljam

Postby habbekak » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:35 pm

Hello,
Isn't it a great idea to make a PivotX menu editor? So people can insert pages and weblogs into a menu for use on their websites.
thanks in advance.
Kind regards,
Djoey
Follow me on twitter, so you can check my time line.....
www.twitter.com/habbekak
habbekak

Next

Return to 2.x Extensions