Bonus field gallery uploader problem

Discuss PivotX 2.0.x extensions here, and view extensions that are available for download.

Bonus field gallery uploader problem

Postby Schop » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:04 pm

I just discoverd the when I add a Bonusfields Gallery to my entries, I can't use the uploader for images in Chrome. The button 'Upload an Image' does show up, but clicking it doesn't do anything.

The regular uploader does work in Chrome. I also have an image Bonus Field, and I can upload there no problem. Firefox and IE work fine.

I already entered the plupload_runtimes = html5,flash,silverlight,gears,browserplus in advanced configuration, but it does not make a difference.

MySQL, PivotX 2.3.2 RC, BonusFields version 1.22
Schop
Contributor

Re: Bonus field gallery uploader problem

Postby Schop » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:35 pm

Oh, one more thing.

If, instead of clicking 'upload an image' you click 'select', you can actually select an image from the already uploaded files. However, if you click 'Save' after that, nothing happens (in Chrome).

Edit: This problem is also in Firefox and Safari. For some odd reason, Internet Explorer is the only browser with which I succeeded to complete the process of uploading and saving the image. I don't have Opera on the PC I am at right now, but I seem to remember that one worked as well.

I willgive anybody access to the backend of this install, and FTP access if needed, if you can help me fix this.
Schop
Contributor

Postby Harm10 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:17 pm

Maybe partially related, I noticed that Bonusfields gallery uploader only works (in FF) when you did not change anything else to the entry/page (even when you already saved that). You have to have a "fresh" edit session to be able to use the gallery.
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Postby marcelfw » Tue May 01, 2012 1:42 pm

Harm10 wrote:Maybe partially related, I noticed that Bonusfields gallery uploader only works (in FF) when you did not change anything else to the entry/page (even when you already saved that). You have to have a "fresh" edit session to be able to use the gallery.

I noticed this once as well, but now it seems to work just fine. I will have to take another look at it. I noticed some problems with the uploader (and not specifically bonusfields), but the interaction between the two has probably something to do with it.
marcelfw

Postby Harm10 » Tue May 01, 2012 4:43 pm

marcelfw wrote:I noticed this once as well, but now it seems to work just fine. I will have to take another look at it. I noticed some problems with the uploader (and not specifically bonusfields), but the interaction between the two has probably something to do with it.
To be more precise you can select an image from the already uploaded ones just fine and if you go to the title field I get an windows explorer window to navigate to a file................ :?
This does not happen when I re-enter the edit session and only try to update the bonus gallery.

Harm10
Developer

Postby deblouw » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:39 pm

I have the same problem... would really like to use a gallery but can't upload any images.
deblouw

Postby winters » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:56 pm

Strange did not have the problem and suddenly I do. Can't upload or can't delete a previous uploaded image from the (bonus fields) gallery type

Uploaded the extension bonusfields again, tried several different browsers but with no luck

Can someone give me some direction to solve the problem?

thanks
willem
winters

Postby Harm10 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:47 pm

Did you try actively logging out and in?
And maybe you updated your Flash (whenever problems arose with uploading the Flash update started it)?
I remember that the uploadapplicationsequence is shown in the debug log.
And there is some setting in the config you can influence that setting to your liking (but that would only influence the uploading; search the forum when you want to investigate that).

Harm10
Developer

Postby winters » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:54 pm

Hi Harm

Yes I did and at the end I removed the field and created a new one (same gallery)

and.....no problem!

And indeed I ran an update (flash + win7)

I understand that is of no help for other people....but....it works again

thanks
willem
winters

Return to 2.x Extensions