Is there a Calendar Extension for PivotX?

Discuss PivotX 2.0.x extensions here, and view extensions that are available for download.

Re: Is there a Calendar Extension for PivotX?

Postby hansfn » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:21 am

OK, I have finally added this calendar code to PivotX. Grab PivotX Latest (from http://pivotx.net/files/unstable-development/) and give it a try.

I have made some improvements (and fixed a bug) already - see the log messages in our source code repository. You can now limit to users/authors too:

Code: Select all
[[ calendar user="someusername" ]]

We are planning to make a PivotX 2.1.0 release very soon so please give us some feedback on the calendar. We want it to be as good as possible. (It should for example use AJAX to avoid refreshing the complete page when switching month).
hansfn
Developer

Postby Stingray » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:35 am

HAH!

I was wondering if there was a way to pull out the entries of selected categories the way you have written it, hans. Unfortunately, as I mentioned, by knowledge of php is amateurish, at best.

So little of my "code" still exists, all that's left is my idea. So, it has me wondering if my name in the widget is still necessary. I'm honored it's there, don't get me wrong, but from the looks of things, I contributed so little (though I do see that you've retained my putting the output of links to entries into an unordered list).

In any event, I'm glad you're around to streamline/rewrite what I contribute.
Stingray

Postby hansfn » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:20 pm

OK, I did some more updates to the calendar code and removed your name for the author list ;-)
hansfn
Developer

Postby Lisa » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:17 pm

I just installed the lastest (version 0.9) of this calendar extension. The dates where I have blog entries don't show as a link to those entries. Reading through this thread, it seemed Kay had raised this problem earlier and fixed it. Was the fix in this release? I rebuilt the index, is there something else I need to do?

I'm running pivotx 2.1.2 that is freshly upgraded from v1.40.7, flat file.
My site: http://web.elastic.org/~li/blog2/
Lisa

Postby Harm10 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:43 pm

I am looking at your site and the links are there. The colors for the << and >> (besides the month) are nearly unvisible. When you click back to September you see 4 dates underlined. When you click on one of them the title of the entry is shown below the calendar. When you click that the entry is shown.
So maybe change some colors in the css?
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Postby Lisa » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:57 pm

You are so right!. It's my fault. I forgot this migration is from a Sept backup, and there were no posts in Oct and Nov. I'll definitely change the colors. Thanks.
Lisa

Postby Lisa » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:27 pm

I see the Calendar by default starts on a Monday. I changed it to start on a Sunday. But it's still showing up as starting on Monday. Is there some rebuild I need to run? I've run all the rebuilds that I know of. Or is my understanding of 'start day of week' incorrect? I thought it should set the 1st column on the calendar to be the day I choose (Sunday).

http://www.elastic.org/~li/blog2/
Lisa

Postby hansfn » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:34 pm

Thx for the bug report. Apparently I hadn't tested Sundays ... This fixed in revision 3254. Download the complete file extensions/calendar/widget_calendar.php or edit the file that you have - follow the "text changed" link.
hansfn
Developer

Previous

Return to 2.x Extensions