Extension: wzup - article view counter

Discuss PivotX 2.0.x extensions here, and view extensions that are available for download.

Re: Extension: wzup - article view counter

Postby rabbeltje » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:34 pm

Wim wrote:
Logfather wrote:Just an idea: would it be difficult to create a [[ wzup top ]] that only looks at posts from the last week/month?

I would need to look into this a bit more, but my first guess would be that I could manage to get an extra parameter in to restrict the wzup_top output to entries not older than x days. I'll add this to my todo list.

any progress on this one..?
rabbeltje

Postby Schop » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:37 am

I'm not sure if this extension is still actively maintained, but here is a suggestion:

Wouldn't it be nice to have an option to have a sort of [[wzuptop ]] tag where you can include part of the entry itself, like (a piece of) the introduction for example?

Please let me know if this is an option that can be included, otherwise I will have to roll my own, based on this code. It's just that I do not want to take over this extension and modify it without stepping on the creator's toes.

While I'm writing this, I actually realize the whole thing would have to be changed to a block tag, like [[ topentries ]] [[ /topentries ]], so you can apply some good styling options to your list.
Schop
Contributor

Postby Wim » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:35 pm

@Schop: feel free to make your changes to the code to enable the new feature you're looking for. I don't have the time right now to work on enhancements, and this code is in the public domain so nothing should withhold you from enhancing it.

Hope this helps.
Wim

Previous

Return to 2.x Extensions