Extension: wzup - article view counter

Discuss PivotX 2.0.x extensions here, and view extensions that are available for download.

Re: Extension: wzup - article view counter

Postby mbootsman » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:40 pm

@hans,
thanks for your response, I should have seen this.
But, the counters are not increasing when I click an entry. What could be wrong now?

UPDATE: Not only the pivot_path should be changed to pivotx_path, but also pivot_url should be changed to pivotx_url.
Now it works again....

I'm off to get a beer.... :ugeek:
mbootsman

Postby Wim » Thu May 28, 2009 7:35 pm

Please note that WZUP v0.9 has been released.

It now works with PivotX 2.0 Final.

And a wzuptop widget has been added, so you can either use the [[ wzuptop ]] template tag or display the list with most popular articles in the widget section by a simple drag and drop in the Extensions|Widgets section from the PivotX dashboard.

Download wzup from the first message.
Wim

Postby PvC » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:16 pm

This is a great extension!!
I just now upgraded my weblog from Pivot (old) to pivotx, and I am very happy to see the wzup counter here: I also used it in the old pivot setup.

That raises a question however: how do I import the old article counts?

rest of the post edited out because I found the answer myself:
just put the wzupdb.php in the pivotx/db/wzup folder..

Silly me, must've been the heat today. Forgive me for asking and thanks for this great extension :oops:

Bye
peter
http://www.ambientblog.net
PvC

Postby jadwigo » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:22 pm

This extension is now also available at the extensions site: http://extensions.pivotx.net/entry/18/wzup
My pivotx playground is at http://jivotx.twokings.eu - the rest is at http://www.jadwigo.nl
jadwigo
Developer

Postby Schop » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:39 pm

This is a great plugin. One remark though: It automatically adds a <br> tag to every item. This seems strange to me, because if I wanted that, wouldn't i just put it in the 'format' parameter?

I actually changed the code to remove it (line 342 of snippet_wzup.php). Could it be removed in the next version?
Schop
Contributor

Postby Logfather » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:09 am

Just an idea: would it be difficult to create a [[ wzup top ]] that only looks at posts from the last week/month? I have had wzup for over a year and the top 10 is not gonna change much so a weekly or monthly list would change more often. Just wondering, maybe somebody else already made this possible?
Logfather

Postby Wim » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:22 pm

Logfather wrote:Just an idea: would it be difficult to create a [[ wzup top ]] that only looks at posts from the last week/month?

I would need to look into this a bit more, but my first guess would be that I could manage to get an extra parameter in to restrict the wzup_top output to entries not older than x days. I'll add this to my todo list.
Wim

Postby jack84gnt » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:55 pm

Can we start the counter to begin with other number other than 0? is there any attribute something like 'start' [[ wzupshow start=10 ]], where we can mention the number to begin the counter.
jack84gnt

Postby dubbelf » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:48 am

Hi Wim, thanks for wzup. It worked very well on my previous site.
However, on my new site, www.ibbu.nl/~fmulder/pivotx, the counter seems not to work. (it's displayed in grey in the dateline of my entries, so you have to select the line to see it)
Maybe something is wrong with the directory db/wzup? I can't access the directory and I can't even delete it. I installed wzup again, the new version, to make sure each of my visits is counted, but it always remains 1. And the directory db/wzup is still undeletable, unchmoddable, etc.
dubbelf

Postby Logfather » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:53 am

Hi guys, is WZUP still compatible / working properly with the latest PivotX?

Having problems including / excluding entries from certain categories. One entry for example has been put on Hold (and in the category None) and shows up EVERY SINGLE TIME. No matter what categories are included / excluded.

UPDATE: WZUP seems to really like entries that are on hold but that have received a bunch of visitors before. Several entries that were on hold were displayed in WZUP except when I published them they would disappear out of the list. I will look through the code later today to see if I can find what causes this behavior, if anyone has tips please let me know. :)
Logfather

PreviousNext

Return to 2.x Extensions