Extension: pivote - article rating system

Discuss PivotX 2.0.x extensions here, and view extensions that are available for download.

Re: Extension: pivote - article rating system

Postby razz » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:25 pm

I'm a happy user of the pivote extension, however i have a question regarding the widget "widget_pivotetop.php"

Is it possible to use 2 different "widget_pivotetop.php's" ?
I'm using a huge list with 75 best entries on the entry page however i only want a 10 best entry list on the homepage.

Would be happy if anyone can assist me on this.

keep up the good work
razz

Postby Wim » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:21 pm

I think you can't have different widget selections between pages.

However, you could decide to edit the template of the homepage to include the [[pivote_top]] tag replacing the widget section.
Wim

Postby Kalin » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:22 pm

I'm excited to try this out, but I can't seem to get it to work. Mousing over the rating scale returns a "pivote_hover/pivote_unhover is not defined" error, and it doesn't respond to clicks. I've tried it in a couple installations and most recently in a fresh install.

Here is a link to the fresh install I'm working with:
http://jla.us.com/working/onlineoh/

(This particular installation is flatfile based, but I've tried it with an MySQL setup as well. It gives me the same problems.)

I'm not sure if it's related, but I also don't see a file called pivote.txt in the db/pivote folder. I noticed that it was referred to in a previous post, but it doesn't seem to be created when I activate the pivote snippet.

I don't seem to have any issues interacting with the example posted at http://tellertest.com.

Any idea what might be the problem?

Thanks...
Kalin

Postby hansfn » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:29 pm

The reason is that the file that contains the JavaScript functions causes an error on your server -
http://jla.us.com/working/onlineoh/pivotx/db/pivote/pivote.php gives a 500 internal error. Ask your hoster why.
hansfn
Developer

Postby Kalin » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:04 pm

Thanks for the pointer Hansfn. Permissions for db and db/pivote were set to 777 but my host only allows folders to be 755. Didn't think that permissions for db would be an issue since it hasn't been a problem before ... live and learn. Appreciate the help.
Kalin

Postby lomi » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:20 am

Hello,

i just reinstalled pivote on my site, cause of upgrading to version 2.3.3 and discovered that for me its working in every browser but not in IE (ie8).
It does the hover effect but clicking on the voting stars IE shows up with the following error message:

Code: 0
URI: /pivotx/db/pivote/pivote.php?mb='%rating% ratings / %numvotes% votes'&ma='%rating% ratings / %numvotes% votes including yours'&mn='You voted before'

In Firefox and Opera its working fine.
Does this happen to anybody else or know what this problem causes?
Thanks for any help!
Lomi
lomi

Postby lomi » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:58 pm

i think the problem is solved now, the error message was indicating an incorrect charset,
adding the following right after ?php into pivotx/db/pivote/pivote.php worked for me:

header('content-type: text/html; charset=utf-8');

Regards,
Lomi
lomi

Postby vera4u » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Hello Wim,

I'm helping (at least trying to) somebody with his website GLIOOM, but I cannot get PIVOTE to work....
I read all posts on this item but didn't find an answer.
Can you tell me where I went wrong?
If you like, I can e-mail you the access-codes.

Thank you,
Vera
vera4u

Postby Harm10 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:08 pm

Before Wim takes a look I had one. Your error console displays the missing of functions (pivote_hover and pivote_unhover). These are located in pivote.php. This file should be located in src="/pvtx/pivotx/db/pivote/pivote.php. Does that file exist in that location?
And I think that file should be chmodded to 777 (although I am not absolutely sure about that).
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Postby vera4u » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:34 pm

Harm10 wrote:Before Wim takes a look I had one. Your error console displays the missing of functions (pivote_hover and pivote_unhover). These are located in pivote.php. This file should be located in src="/pvtx/pivotx/db/pivote/pivote.php. Does that file exist in that location?
And I think that file should be chmodded to 777 (although I am not absolutely sure about that).

Thank you Harm10 for taking a look.....
"/pvtx/pivotx/db/pivote/pivote.php" is located where you've pointed it and includes the pivote_hover- and pivote_unhover-function.
I've read in "Extension: pivote - article rating system" that the CHMOD should be 644 and may not be changed; ofcourse I did try it ;) but that didn't make a difference.
vera4u

PreviousNext

Return to 2.x Extensions