Problem with pagination and categories in Magazine Theme

Discuss PivotX 2.0.x themes here, and view themes that are available for download.

Problem with pagination and categories in Magazine Theme

Postby verbaljam » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:50 am

I'm new tot PivotX, so probably I'm overlooking something, but I run into some problems with the pagination and categories when using the Magazine Theme.
As instructed in the documentation, I have set the number of posts for the frontpage to 3 in the subweblog 'okidoki'. That works ok, but every 'next pages' keeps displaying all the same items I entered in the cms so far. You can see what I mean in my testdomain at : http://nieuw.verbaljam.com
I also noticed that the category-filtering doesn't work: when I select a certain category in the navigation bar, I still get all the articles, and not only the articles from that category.

Any help to this PivotX newby will be much appreciated (and please note that I'm not a programmer).
If you read Dutch, you read Verbal Jam.
Lack of documentation makes even the best program useless...
verbaljam

Re: Problem with pagination and categories in Magazine Theme

Postby hansfn » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:01 am

Hm, have you assigned the categories to the subweblog in the weblog configuration? You really should get the same type of listing when using paging and viewing categories. (Maybe I could get access to your PivotX so I can see if it is a bug or not.)

PS! Always inform what version of PivotX you are using and database type.
hansfn
Developer

Postby verbaljam » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:20 am

Thank you for your quick reply, Hans. I guess I have the latest PivotX version, as Bob installed it for me two days ago. Database type: MySQL.
I indeed assigned the categories to the subweblog Okidoki by selecting them all.
Please inform me how to mail you the access credentials to my weblog, so that you can check what's wrong.
verbaljam

Postby Kevin » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:17 pm

verbaljam wrote:Please inform me how to mail you the access credentials to my weblog, so that you can check what's wrong.

Click on the envelope icon to the right of any of Hans' posts. :)
BlogThemesExtensionsDocumentation • Support PivotX - Click the Donate button today!
Kevin
Administrator

Postby Schop » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:45 pm

Kevin wrote:
verbaljam wrote:Please inform me how to mail you the access credentials to my weblog, so that you can check what's wrong.

Click on the envelope icon to the right of any of Hans' posts. :)

And in case you don't see the envelope: Where Kevin's from, they have envelopes that are shaped like a little guy with 'PM' written next to it.
Schop
Contributor

Postby Kevin » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:34 pm

Schop wrote:And in case you don't see the envelope: Where Kevin's from, they have envelopes that are shaped like a little guy with 'PM' written next to it.

My bad. You can't see the envelope.. but you can send him a PM!
BlogThemesExtensionsDocumentation • Support PivotX - Click the Donate button today!
Kevin
Administrator

Postby verbaljam » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:46 pm

Never mind the envelope, I found his address. But maybe Schop can shine some light on what's going wrong with the Magazine Theme, because he's the author (correct me if I'm wrong) and on his own site it's working. :)
verbaljam

Postby Schop » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:37 pm

verbaljam wrote:Never mind the envelope, I found his address. But maybe Schop can shine some light on what's going wrong with the Magazine Theme, because he's the author (correct me if I'm wrong) and on his own site it's working. :)

That's why I'm interested in this topic. I'd be more than happy to look, but I doubt it has something to do with the template since, like you said, it's working on my site...
Schop
Contributor

Postby hansfn » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:05 pm

Schop, it's amazing that it works on your site. (It must be pure coincidence.)

The problem was that the front page template used a subweblog named "okidoki", while in the archive page template the same subweblog was named "standard". Naming it "standard" also in the front page template fixed the problems.

PS! Schop, the template doesn't handle a corner case too well - if there is only one entry in a category. See http://nieuw.verbaljam.com/?c=default
hansfn
Developer

Postby Schop » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:03 pm

hansfn wrote:Schop, it's amazing that it works on your site. (It must be pure coincidence.)

What do you mean? I don't get it...

hansfn wrote:PS! Schop, the template doesn't handle a corner case too well - if there is only one entry in a category. See http://nieuw.verbaljam.com/?c=default

Obvious solution: post more than one entry in a category :D

But all craziness on a stick: I'll look into it and update some stuff.

PS. The requirement for 3 entries on the frontpage is gone on my own site as well, I made some modifications to the template after submitting it. When I update the template, I'll make sure all these things are handled, but I'm going to need some time (maybe tomorrow, for sure this weekend).
Schop
Contributor

Next

Return to 2.x Themes