span columns with entries?

Discuss PivotX 2.0.x themes here, and view themes that are available for download.

span columns with entries?

Postby zoltanthegypsy » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:22 pm

Yet another noob question re: http://www.beezmo.com/geezblog

I like the Andreas 3 column theme, and it matches the other blog on my site. It makes for a nice front page with the entries down the center of 3 columns.

Since the actual entry "pages" use only the left and center column, it would look better (IMHO) and enhance readability of what will be computer technical posts if the entry could span both the center and (invisible) right column.

Is there a button to push to enable this, or an editing option that could make this happen. That is, entries use one column on the front page, but two on an entry page.

Thanks again,
Z.
zoltanthegypsy

Re: span columns with entries?

Postby hansfn » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:42 am

Can't you just select the two-column version of the theme for entry pages?
hansfn
Developer

Postby zoltanthegypsy » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:51 pm

It occurred to me in the middle of the night that it might be that easy :) It hadn't noticed that themes were selectable separately for entry pages w/out affecting how they showed on the main page. I'll go fiddle with that now.

Thanks again for the great help, and apologies for being such a blockhead.
Z.
Last edited by zoltanthegypsy on Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zoltanthegypsy

Postby Harm10 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:34 pm

zoltanthegypsy wrote: It hadn't notices that themes were selectable separately for entry pages w/out affecting how they showed on the main page.

You can interchange all templates from theme to theme but a theme also has a general stylesheet. So using the page template from theme Skinny when all other templates are from Andreas3 will give a rather peculiar look and feel of your site (but it will work!). Using Andreas3 and Andreas2 probably will go together quite well because their look and feel are the same.
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Return to 2.x Themes