Phoenix - 3 columns

Discuss PivotX 2.0.x themes here, and view themes that are available for download.

Re: Phoenix - 3 columns

Postby WillHaus » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:18 am

Justice wrote:i made 3 columns theme and all pages are ok, but in page where i show entries from each categories (front.tpl) my entries after first aren't displayed correctly. How can i solve next problem?

Check the template. There you should specify all the data.
WillHaus

Postby Justice » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:21 pm

Problem is here: http://psychology-my-family.ru/test/?c=a-men-and-woman

I installed extension, but all is ok only when I disable linked or handled or print stylesheet :( any suggestions?
Justice

Postby Harm10 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:19 pm

Your problem is definitely related to your template and css definitions (so doesn't have anything to do with a theme being at fault).

If you install Web developer and activate View Style information under button CSS you'll see that your columns are part of the same div (mouse over the page and see the red squares and css path defined for it and it your case overlaying each other).
If you want 3 columns you should define a main div (often called mainwrapper) en 3 separate div's inside that div.
If you let them all float:left they will be next to each other as long their width allows it (work with percentages for the separate div's).

Web designing can be a pain in the ass sometimes.................. ;)
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Postby Justice » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:07 pm

and my next problem - css. in different browsers (chrome, opera, explorer) my 3rd column content dislpay different. I use Chrome and in style.css write next:

Code: Select all
#sidebar {
width: 202px;
position: absolute; right: 190px; top: 500px;
 }

that code is display 3rd column in chrome correctly but in opera and firefox not so.. how can i fix that?
Justice

Postby Harm10 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:38 pm

As your problems are unrelated to the theme itself I ask you open up another post for it.
In essence this is not PivotX related at all but merely knowledge of html and/or css. So you could try The Drain http://forum.pivotx.net/viewforum.php?f=7.
Please realize that this is a PivotX forum.

If you create another post for it don't forget to post a link to your problem page so any one who wants to help (could be me ;) ) can see the problem.
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Previous

Return to 2.x Themes