Phoenix - 3 columns

Discuss PivotX 2.0.x themes here, and view themes that are available for download.

Phoenix - 3 columns

Postby Justice » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:20 pm

Please, help me to realize this idea in Phoenix theme. Don't know how :(
I'm sure it is real, but what changes i should make in templae files??? Thanks!
Justice

Re: Phoenix - 3 columns

Postby Harm10 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:20 pm

If the author doesn't reply here you can contact him through the link on http://themes.pivotx.net/
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Postby Schop » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:55 pm

if I would have the slightest idea of what exactly the problem is, and what it is for, I would reply.

What do you want to do with this third column? Where should it be (left/right)? What website is it for?
Schop
Contributor

Postby Justice » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:03 pm

I would like to create 3 columns like it is realized in Andreas Theme (http://themes.pivotx.net/andreas-3) Left column contains info that know is in right column in Phoenix theme, and right column is for the ads. You can see my PivotX page there: http://psychology-my-family.ru/test.

It would be great if you help!! Thanks!

Schop wrote:if I would have the slightest idea of what exactly the problem is, and what it is for, I would reply.

What do you want to do with this third column? Where should it be (left/right)? What website is it for?
Justice

Postby Schop » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:13 pm

of course it is possible, but there are a few things that would take some time (time that I don't have right now).

The background of the main area is made with background pictures, like the ones below:

To create what you want, the background pictures would have to be edited to show a separation between the three columns. After that the right css and template code need to be generated to show what you want in the right place.

Like I said, it is all possible and not really that hard, but right now I do not have the time to create a custom theme for you. Of course you are free to adapt it yourself, or it could be done by anybody with some html/css knowledge.
Schop
Contributor

Postby Justice » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:02 pm

Thank you. I have good html/css knowledge, but what software i must use to make pictures,that determine columns? And touching files.. what files should be edited? style.css and all .tpl files? Thanks.
Justice

Postby Schop » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:15 pm

Justice wrote:Thank you. I have good html/css knowledge, but what software i must use to make pictures,that determine columns? And touching files.. what files should be edited? style.css and all .tpl files? Thanks.

I always use The GIMP, which is just an open source alternative for Adobe Photoshop. Both should be able to do the job, but they're not the easiest programs to learn. All images are in the /images/ subfolder in the template directory.

With good html/css knowledge you should be able to figure out what files to modify. Like I said, I don't have much time, and determining where to modify what is about as much work as it is to actually do it I think.
Schop
Contributor

Postby Justice » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:53 am

Schop wrote:With good html/css knowledge you should be able to figure out what files to modify. Like I said, I don't have much time, and determining where to modify what is about as much work as it is to actually do it I think.

OK. I will try to do it by myself. Thank you for support.
Justice

Postby Justice » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:38 pm

i made 3 columns theme and all pages are ok, but in page where i show entries from each categories (front.tpl) my entries after first aren't displayed correctly. How can i solve next problem?

Justice

Postby Harm10 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:42 pm

That is probably because your css is incomplete. You could use Firefox extension Firebug or Webdeveloper http://chrispederick.com/work/web-developer/ to easily trace what part of a web page has what kind of style defined to it.
I looked at your previously specified link but that seems OK so I guess your image belongs to another link?
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Next

Return to 2.x Themes