"Fixing" Journalist

Discuss PivotX 2.0.x themes here, and view themes that are available for download.

"Fixing" Journalist

Postby Lxndr » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:09 pm

So I was looking for a Theme that had the following traits:

• 'Pages' along the sides instead of the top.
  • A minimalist design (no images, or other graphical design)
  • Any 'about' or 'links' not requiring a _sub_about or _sub_links but instead allowing me to just edit the appropriate Pages.

Journalist seemed to win out on all of these. But I'm open to suggestions.

However, Journalist does seem to have a few problems:

1. On the main/front page, there's a broken image link. You can see it in the sample and also on my website. It looks like this:
    Code: Select all
    http://themes.pivotx.net/%imageurl%%filename%
  2. On any particular "page" page, there's another broken link. Here's a link to the sample and also on my website. In this case, the more link at the bottom does not link to the body of the Page, but instead seems to attempt to link to the body of a randomly selected Entry.

Now, I think I know the solution to #1: Just delete that line from the main/front page. But is that wise? Should I do something else? Is there any other approach to this?

However, I have no clue as to the solution for #2. I'll point out that 'read more' works perfectly for Entries, it's only Pages that seem to be broken.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me to get all this fixed?
Lxndr

Re: "Fixing" Journalist

Postby Harm10 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:46 pm

Most of us are quite busy so maybe the fastest route is to talk to the author of the theme. You can see his link on http://themes.pivotx.net/archive/2009-02-08/journalist/weblog
The link on the page points to an archive and pages are not in the archive. You can try to repair the code by using the link template tag: http://book.pivotx.net/page/app-b#anchor-link
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Postby Lxndr » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:18 pm

well, an email has been sent to Lucian, who's listed as the author of the theme. Hopefully that works.
Lxndr

Postby Harm10 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:03 pm

Lxndr wrote:well, an email has been sent to Lucian, who's listed as the author of the theme. Hopefully that works.
I think you should mail Peter who is the author that adapted the theme of Lucian for PivotX........ ;)
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Return to 2.x Themes