How do you change themes in PivotX?

Discuss PivotX 2.0.x themes here, and view themes that are available for download.

How do you change themes in PivotX?

Postby zooplah » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:19 pm

I know this is probably a really stupid question, but I can't figure it out for the life of me. I'd really like to port my WordPress theme to PivoxX, but I don't know how to make PivotX look at my theme (or the other two that are included by default, for that matter). I've done some hacking on the default theme (though, my theme really needs to be rewritten from scratch; the default theme doesn't scale different screen sizes well at all), but I'm sure it would be really disappointing if I forgot to back it up and wrote over it during the next upgrade. I have beta 11 (installed locally).
zooplah

Re: How do you change themes in PivotX?

Postby Schop » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:55 am

Changing templates is easy, once you know where to find it.

Go to 'Administration' --> 'Weblogs', and then edit the weblog you'd like to change. Make sure you have your templates in a separate directory under 'pivot/templates/' (you could start by just simply copying the default templates to a new directory called 'MyTemplates' or something like that.

Choose your template like shown in this picture:

As for 'pages', that works a little different. For every page, you have to select the template, like shown in this screenshot:

Schop
Contributor

Return to 2.x Themes