*WIP* universe-theme

Discuss PivotX 2.0.x themes here, and view themes that are available for download.

*WIP* universe-theme

Postby rabbeltje » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:33 am

i am in the process of creating a universe-theme, but i'd like some comments... i'm kinda stuck on where to go. it's a pretty basic grey-coloured theme.

i am really not happy with the date display, but i'm not sure what to do with it... also i'm not sure whether or not to turn the images into grayscale.

any other comments are welcome as well!! (here, preferably, not on my blog!)
Last edited by rabbeltje on Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
rabbeltje

Re: *WIP* universe-theme

Postby Schop » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:42 pm

One thing I would do is throw the animation in the date display out. And replace the globe you use there with a simplified grayscale image like in the one I attached. Right now, the globe is the only thing on the page with colors, which is drawing the attention of anybody that scans over the page, while you want them to look at the content.
Attachments
planet.png
planet.png (8.77 KiB) Viewed 3828 times
Schop
Contributor

Postby Schop » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:51 pm

By the way, is the globe supposed to be behind the date-text? There's a difference in how it looks in IE and FF:

Firefox:
firefox.jpg

IE7 (looks less disturbing):
ie7.jpg

Edit: looks like I can't attach images anymore, I get 'Internal Server Error' when I try to do that. But you can see for yourself what I mean, I guess.
Last edited by Schop on Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Schop
Contributor

Postby rabbeltje » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:37 am

the globe isn't supposed to be behind the date... i get problems with FF and IE all the time, don't know why that happens. i use IE7 myself and for whatever reason i just cannot seem to get my themes to work for both.

i'm still debating about the colors.. but it may be a good idea to use a greyscale globe. thanks :)
rabbeltje

Postby rabbeltje » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:54 am

another thing i just noticed (re-installed firefox for a change ;)) is that the footer isn't displaying in FF... weird! (also installed firebug by the way)

akso noticed that the gray-filter doesn't work in FF, so i threw it out :)
rabbeltje

Return to 2.x Themes