How to edit the .theme file?

Discuss PivotX 2.0.x themes here, and view themes that are available for download.

How to edit the .theme file?

Postby javonanka » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:28 am

Hi,

I'm new to PivotX and is currently playing around trying to develop a new theme based on the original skinny theme. Works fine to modify the .html files from within the backend of PivotX but not the .theme file (need to point to the new folder).

I can click the edit button and then a window opens up but there is no save buttons or anything there. If I modify it from notepads it works however it seems to loose all formating/structure when opening it up again in backend of PivotX.

How do you guys go on modifying the .theme file? What have I missed, should I be poking around elsewhere?

Cheers,
Johan
javonanka

Re: How to edit the .theme file?

Postby hansfn » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:01 pm

The theme is defined by the weblog using the specific templates. Go to the Weblogs screen and use the "Export as theme" button. This will create a file named "weblogid.theme" in the folder for the specific templates. (A .theme file is serialized PHP and should never be edited manually - or only with extreme care.)
hansfn
Developer

Postby rabbeltje » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:56 am

what would i actually need the .theme file for?
rabbeltje

Postby hansfn » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:17 am

When you create a new weblog, you can select between predefined setups (which are defined in the theme files) or from scratch. Using a theme file/predefined setup saves you from a lot of configuration.
hansfn
Developer

Postby rabbeltje » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:53 am

okay :) thanks :D
rabbeltje

Postby javonanka » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:57 am

Ok, thanks. I misunderstod the purpose of the .theme file. Since I used the skinny theme as a base template for my new theme it referred back to the skinny folder for the .html files, hence my need to edit the .theme file.

I'll have a look at this again. Will probably come back with further questions. ;)

Cheers,
Johan
javonanka

Return to 2.x Themes