loggin out with every action

This is the place to discuss bugs that have been found in the most recent version of PivotX. Posting bugs will ensure that the Development Team is aware of them and that they will be addressed when resources are available.

loggin out with every action

Postby jongnieuws » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:49 am

I am using the latest version and everytime i try to post or change something i am logged out. What could be the solution?
jongnieuws

Re: loggin out with every action

Postby hansfn » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:24 pm

Log out properly (using the log out link) and log in again. It's a session issue that happens to some people from time to time. We haven't been able to track it down yet.

PS! Always try in another browser (or on another computer) when such things happens so you know where the problem is ...
hansfn
Developer

Postby jacekm » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:35 pm

Hello Gents,

I'm new to PivotX and this community so let me say hello to everyone.
I would love to start using Pivotx, but this issue holds me back big time.

I have been trying to get Pivotx working since yesterday, but I believe I may have the same problem as jongnieuws is describing.
Actually what happens in my case is the following.

1. Following a new installation of pivotx I get the new user screen. Everthing is fine here.
2. I log in to pivotx contorl panel http://myhost/pivotx/, I get the login screen. I log in fine. No probs here.
3. I click wherever in the Dashboard, say New Entry or New Page, or My Info, and..... I get back to the longin screen.
It looks to me as if Pivotx no longer remembered who I was. I suspect that because when I click on My info, for example, I immediately get the password screen, but...... in the browser's address bar I get the following
http://myhost/pivotx/intex.php?page=myinfo. So the system wants to go on to My Info, but prompts me for a password.
4. I enter my username and password again, but Pivotx .... doesn't bring me to My Info, but to the main Dashboard page all over again.

I have tested this about a few dozens times on IE8 on Windows XP and on Firefox 3.0.18 on CentOS 5.4 and the behaviour is exactly the same. I have tested this on version 2.2 and went a step back to test it on 2.10 alpha 3. Same issue in both environments unfortunately.

Please help. :(

PS. I'm using the flat file option NOT MySQL.
jacekm

Postby hansfn » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:23 pm

To me this sounds a permission problem with the db folder and/or the files inside it. In particular, if db/ser_sessions.php isn't writable you'll probably be able to login, but you'll be kicked out immediately.
hansfn
Developer

Postby jacekm » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:53 pm

Many thanks for your post hansfn.
I have set permissions for the entire pivotx directory and all files and subdirectories to 777 as a test, to be certain, and .... the problem is still here.
I still get the login prompt like I was an "unknown user".
The installation manual is really trivial and I've been looking at it numerous times, but I must be missing something.

I ran the pivotx-check.php and got no issuse listed.... (see below)

Your server is suitable for PivotX
This server has passed the tests for the following requirements.

This server meets the requirement for the minimum PHP version. You need PHP 4.3.0 or greater and you seem to have PHP 5.2.10.
This server meets the requirement for PHP Safe mode. Safe mode is Off.
You can use flat file storage.
This server meets the requirement for the minimum MySQL version. You need MySQL 4.1.0 or greater and you seem to have MySQL 5.0.77.
You have the MySQLi extension.
You have the MySQL extension.
You have the SimpleXML extension.
You have the GD extension.
You have the PCRE extension.

Please help.

Regarsa,

Jacek
jacekm

Postby electroducer » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:57 am

Just a quick note -
I've had the same problem when trying to use pivotx at work via IE7 on XP. I thought it had to do with possibly the network at work, since there were no problems when accessing pivotx elsewhere.

Anyway, I just installed Chrome to check to see if it was browser related, and... lo and behold, it works fine with Chrome - I stay logged in just fine. Don't ask me why... I'm still trying to figure that part out...
electroducer

Postby hansfn » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:47 am

It's normally opposite - that it doesn't work in Chrome ;-) We developers mostly use FF and most users use IE ...

If the file permission is correct, then it could be a cookie issue. Either your browser or something on the network is altering/removing the cookie. Maybe Chrome doesn't use a proxy while the other browsers do?
hansfn
Developer

Postby jacekm » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:20 am

Thanks for your suggestions.
I've tried Chrome and there is no difference. I'm stuck, but I'll continue trying.
jacekm

Postby hansfn » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:11 pm

Sorry, I didn't notice that the Chrome post was from another user. Anyway, without access to your server/PivotX, I can't help you anymore. Maybe you should try another CMS/Blogging platform like Wordpress and see if it works for you.
hansfn
Developer

Postby jacekm » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:12 pm

Thank you for your help hansfn.

Actually, I have just tried wordpress and simplecms and they both work ok.
Weird. I somehow don't fancy wordpress and I'm testing simplecms right now.

Thanks again. Let's see how it goes. I still need to get a bit more experience with this stuff.
All the best.

Jacek
Ireland
jacekm

Next

Return to 2.x Bugs