slideshow not working properly

This is the place to discuss bugs that have been found in the most recent version of PivotX. Posting bugs will ensure that the Development Team is aware of them and that they will be addressed when resources are available.

Re: slideshow not working properly

Postby ljhelbo » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:34 pm

hansfn wrote:The output should be "xx", not "x x". So maybe the problem is related to lib.php after all.

OK, however, it really is a space (hex 20), not a linebreak. But I now notice that if I insert like this:

line 37: echo 'x';
line 117: echo 'x';die;

(starting right after include lib.php) I actually get 'xx'.

By the way something else. On my site it says version 2.2.4. However, I tried to download the latest version and the file-dates for the individual files and folders are the same as mine. Also, in the download which I just made, inside lib.php on line 23 it says:

$version = "2.2.4";

I am not quiet sure, when I installed my site, but I think it was close to march 1st.
ljhelbo

Postby hansfn » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:54 pm

Lars, we are hardly making any progress here. I wrote earlier:

hansfn wrote:Try replacing
Code: Select all
include_once "../lib.php";

with
Code: Select all
echo 'x';
include_once "../lib.php";
echo 'x';die;

inside includes/timthumb.php and then try the URL i posted above. If you get a line break/space between the x's you know the problem is with lib.php (and it's includes). If not, the problem is with includes/timthumb.php.

So, do you get a line break/space between the x's? If so, you need to check lib.php and all it's includes for empty spaces/line breaks before "<?php" and after "?>". Since this is a lot of work, you could try upgrading. Have you edited any files after installing 2.2.4 - that's the only way you can insert such spaces (since you aren't using FTP).
hansfn
Developer

Postby ljhelbo » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:06 pm

Yes, OK - I see. Seems you are right that the problem is in lib.php. If I view the source of the page, it does actually come as a linebreak between the x'es. So that must be it.

No, I have not edited anything in lib.php. But as i said above, the files I have, actually seems to be version 2.2.5. lib.php has filedate 11-02-2011 11:00. My folders were created on February 27th. That must be the day, when i downloaded and installed for the first time.
ljhelbo

Postby ljhelbo » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:13 pm

Correction! The problem is not in lib.php, but rather in module_smarty.php - and there I have made some editing ....

Think we are getting closer now.
ljhelbo

Postby ljhelbo » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:34 pm

This is just crazy! Now it works, and I really haven't changed anything. That is I moved some x'es through the file lib.php and the through module-smarty. This must have forced a reload in php or something like that, and now it works. Sorry for all the trouble ...
ljhelbo

Postby hansfn » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:46 pm

You edited module_smarty.php (when you moved the x's around) so you did change something. It's not a miracle. (Since we are talking about spaces it's easy to miss - it might even be removed by your editor without you noticing - it was inserted without you noticing ...)

Lars, next time please pay more attention to what I say/write. I just don't have time for this. Seriously.
hansfn
Developer

Previous

Return to 2.x Bugs