(SOLVED) logged out when editing CSS

This is the place to discuss bugs that have been found in the most recent version of PivotX. Posting bugs will ensure that the Development Team is aware of them and that they will be addressed when resources are available.

(SOLVED) logged out when editing CSS

Postby Logfather » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:22 pm

Currently running PivotX - 2.2.4 but somehow whenever I click edit on a CSS file I get the pop-up but instead of the code I see the Pivot login screen and a message that says I'm logged out. When I click this pop-up away I am still logged in though haha and this is with CSS FILES ONLY! Whenever I click a .html or .inc template I can just edit it without problem.

What's wrong?
Last edited by Logfather on Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Logfather

Re: 2.2.4 am logged out when editing CSS

Postby Logfather » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:20 am

Maybe it comes in handy to report that I have posted this topic at my hosts' forum and I believe this might not be a Pivot problem (I think). The topic starter of this topic viewtopic.php?p=10573#p10573 has the EXACT SAME problem but get this: we have the same (Dutch) host.

Now they are doing pretty well responding to that topic and I am starting to think it has to do with them changing PHP versions recently. Would this be at all possible? What could be a solution? They can't seem to figure it out because some staff members are apparently running Wordpress (which has even more 'getting logged out' problems among users) and Drupal without any problems.

TO BE PRECISE: they updated their PHP from 5.2.x to 5.3.x (http://www.php.net/manual/en/migration53.php) but in my topic at the hosts' forum there's even some people who switched back to 5.2.x and can't get that to work either! :(
Logfather

Postby hansfn » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:37 pm

This is an interesting problem. Please turn on PivotX debugging and check the output after been logged out. Also check the webserver error log (if you have access).

The URL when editing CSS file is "pivotx/ajaxhelper.php?function=view&basedir=<...>&file=openid.css" Maybe somepart of the URL is trigging something on the server. PivotX itself handles editing of HTML and CSS file identically - it's the same function and it doesn't check the file type.

PS! This issue has nothing to do with 2.2.4.
hansfn
Developer

Postby Logfather » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:10 pm

Glad I can finally return with some useful information from my hosts' forum but to start of with: IT'S FIXED! :) I will change the topic title accordingly.

Aside from my host changing to a new version of PHP (I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it) apparently some changes were made to how certain URLs are parsed. The host replied on the forum saying they "changed something for PivotX URLs" and about Wordpress they said (translating from Dutch) "Problem was that URLs with "wp-content" deleted cookies but when editing CSS Wordpress added /home/vhosting/x/domains/x/htdocs/www/wp-content/css/file.css to the URL". He continued to note that it is kind of dangerous that stuff like that (map structure in the URL) is revealed by Wordpress core.

Problems also occurred for Drupal and phpBB (the forum software) so this was definitely a server side decision / fuck up / security issue.

UPDATE: Host came back with a more detailed explanation, translating again from Dutch: "In our cache we strip away cookies belonging to CSS files, this way we can cache them (you can't cache with cookies). This went wrong, the admin-session cookie got deteled in the cache and that's why you were logged out."
Logfather

Return to 2.x Bugs