2 minor issues in 2.2.5

This is the place to discuss bugs that have been found in the most recent version of PivotX. Posting bugs will ensure that the Development Team is aware of them and that they will be addressed when resources are available.

2 minor issues in 2.2.5

Postby gwbonline » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:08 pm

Working with 2.2.5 for a while now, I have found 2 minor issues. Maybe these can be solved in the next release.

- When editing an entry, the website opens in the same window/tab after clicking on the website link in the top right corner (on every other page,the website opens in a new window/tab)

- When uploading a file through PivotX in the images map (templates directory), PivotX goed back to the main file list after uploading and doesn't stay in the folder where I uploaded something in
gwbonline

Re: 2 minor issues in 2.2.5

Postby Bob » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:38 pm

Hi,

I've added both issues to the tracker:
  • http://tickets.pivotx.net/view.php?id=43
  • http://tickets.pivotx.net/view.php?id=44
Bob
Lead Developer

Postby Bob » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:28 pm

Hi,

I can't reproduce either of your issues. What browser/version are you using? It seems to work as expected on FF4, Chrome and Safari.. Could you verify that it's really not working, and provide more information?
Bob
Lead Developer

Postby gwbonline » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:00 pm

At the moment I'm using Firefox 3.6.15 (newest). I just tested it again: when I click the website link in the top right corner, the website opens in a new window or tab. But when I do the same while editing an entry or a page, the website opens in the same window as where PivotX is in.

The same thing happens in the newest Chrome. And also in the newest IE...

That uploading thing has changed...it doesn't refresh the page anymore to go to the templates directory. But in Chrome uploading an image doesn't work at all. First attempt results nothing, second attempt only an empty window with 'List of uploaded image'.
gwbonline

Postby Harm10 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:44 pm

I also have 2.2.5 and FF 3.6.15 but when I click the link intended the website opens up in a new tab.
Do you have extension External links enabled?
You could also compare your entire file collection with the 2.2.x-latest because there has to be a difference....... ;)
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Postby gwbonline » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:40 pm

No, not an extension enabled that could make this happen. I don't know where to look. I haven't changed the settings for PivotX. The essentials css file is the default one and my own css file only has css code for displaying my website. But never mind, I get used to it.
gwbonline

Postby Harm10 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:23 pm

Maybe do a clean install without any customization (with the latest 2.2.x) next to your current install? In that way you rule out any potential file discrepancies.
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Postby streeff » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:48 am

I seem to have upload problems in Chrome and IE9 as well. Any updates on this issue elsewhere?
Evert Albers, Streeff - web // branding // information design - Amersfoort & Amsterdam, NL
Site: http://www.streeff.nl
streeff

Postby Bob » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:33 am

Hi streeff,

Please update to the (soon to be released) 2.2.6 RC, from here: http://pivotx.net/files/unstable-development/

It has some fixes for both the uploader in general, and for some IE9 issues. If the problems persist, please describe the issues as meticulously as possible, since "it doesn't work" doesn't really help us to pinpoint the exact problem.
Bob
Lead Developer

Postby streeff » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:36 pm

Thanks Bob, that was a quick reaction!

With RC 2.2.6 it seems to work now (Mac Chrome 10.0.648.205), except that the preview is not shown.

The preview is not shown in Firefox 4 either, in Firefox you don't see the 'broken image' symbol. Not a big issue for me, but I can image that you will want to solve this.

Edit: ...and IE 9 does not work.

Bob wrote:(...) please describe the issues as meticulously as possible, since "it doesn't work" doesn't really help us to pinpoint the exact problem.

Sorry about this, the IE9 info comes from my client - I don't want to ask him more now, and I don't have a recent Windows PC here.
Evert Albers, Streeff - web // branding // information design - Amersfoort & Amsterdam, NL
Site: http://www.streeff.nl
streeff

Next

Return to 2.x Bugs