Latest Comments Tag in Japanese

This is the place to discuss bugs that have been found in the most recent version of PivotX. Posting bugs will ensure that the Development Team is aware of them and that they will be addressed when resources are available.

Latest Comments Tag in Japanese

Postby nemissa » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:19 am

Hi,

The "Latest Comments" tag doesn't seem to be working in Japanese. I've tried various other languages and they all work. I checked the ja.po file, and it exists too. I've tried "The latest comments" as well, but it just doesn't work.
nemissa

Re: Latest Comments Tag in Japanese

Postby Harm10 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:03 am

I've checked the po file and with this string there is an annotation # Fuzzy. As I don't have Poedit by hand I assume that this means that the string is not translated yet. You could look at the translation yourself through Poedit and compile the mo file if necessary and test again.
If this is like I assume it to be we could do with an updated po file. Maybe you could go through it and send us a new file?
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Postby nemissa » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:52 am

I tried recompiling the file without the fuzzy tag, and it works. I can help to proofread the translations as Japanese is my third language (and English being my first).

According to poedit.net, it seems the purpose of the "fuzzy" flag is to flag incorrect, incomplete, unfinished or otherwise bad translations that require proof-reading. I'm unsure of the reason the original translator flagged them, seeing as he is a native Japanese. The POT creation date is 2011-03-13, which is fairly recent. Is he still maintaining this file?
nemissa

Postby hansfn » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:10 am

It's PO-Revision-Date that tells when the translation was last updated, not POT-Creation-Date. (According to PO-Revision-Date it was last updated 2009-02-24.)

Fuzzy strings are normally automatic translations which needs to be reviewed.
hansfn
Developer

Postby nemissa » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:14 am

I made some basic changes and have attached both the .po and .mo files in the zip file. There are a few hundred fuzzys and untranslated lines, which may take quite a while to go through.

Hope this will be of use.
Attachments
Archive.zip
(82.39 KiB) Downloaded 347 times
nemissa

Postby hansfn » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:57 am

Please send updated translations to translations@pivotx.net in stead of posting them here and we only need the po file - the mo file is just generated from the po. (I have downloaded the file above so you don't need to send that one on e-mail.)
hansfn
Developer

Return to 2.x Bugs