Moblog Entry Inherits Subtitle of Next Entry

This is the place to discuss bugs that have been found in the most recent version of PivotX. Posting bugs will ensure that the Development Team is aware of them and that they will be addressed when resources are available.

Moblog Entry Inherits Subtitle of Next Entry

Postby Stingray » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:56 pm

PHPinfo: http://www.famwagner.com/siteinfo.php
PivotX version: 2.2.5 (build #3511-9) [but this bug has been present since PivotX was first released]
flat files

As the title states, when a moblog entry is posted to the site, then another entry posted after, the moblog entry (which originally doesn't have a subtitle) inherits the subtitle of the entry posted after it. If multiple moblog entries are posted, one after another, they all inherit the subtitle. The only occurs on the front side of the site; on the backend, the moblog entry's subtitle space is empty. Finally, editing the moblog entry/ies (simply reposting the entry from the backend without making any changes) will correct or prevent this from happening.

Some images:
Shows that the latest entry is a moblog entry, without a subtitle.

Shows another entry being posted after the moblog entry, and now the moblog entry has a subtitle, the same as the entry posted after it.
Stingray

Re: Moblog Entry Inherits Subtitle of Next Entry

Postby hansfn » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:46 am

You should have posted about this bug long time ago. The fix was trivial - see revision 3652 - and will be included in PivotX 2.2.6 coming very soon.
hansfn
Developer

Postby Stingray » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:17 pm

hansfn wrote:You should have posted about this bug long time ago. The fix was trivial - see revision 3652 - and will be included in PivotX 2.2.6 coming very soon.

Yeah, it never really bothered me as I discovered how to correct it right away, and I post an entry via moblogging so infrequently that I never really remembered to report it. But, as seen in those screen caps, I posted one yesterday, and made a note to report it.

Good to see that the fix was easy.

EDIT:
Looking at that, could it be modified so that a subtitle could be set moblogging? In the body of the message sent, we use "introduction: [text]" and "body: [text]" to set those parts; could we conceivably do something like "subtitle: [text]", too?
Stingray

Postby hansfn » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:28 pm

Sure, we could add support for setting the subtitle - I just don't have time now.
hansfn
Developer

Postby Stingray » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:29 pm

I've added some code to the module that supports a subtitle (just following the example of some other lines of code), even setting a blank one if one isn't supplied so that this bug doesn't rear its head again. I can send you the updated module file if you like, but where should I post it?

EDIT: I should note that I added <p> to the allowed tags when stripping tags from $body.
Stingray

Postby hansfn » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:08 pm

Send your module_moblog.php (or your changes as a patch file) to hansfn@pivotx.net - thx :D
hansfn
Developer

Postby hansfn » Wed May 04, 2011 8:55 pm

It has been commited to our SVN and will be part of PivotX 2.2.6. I'm updating our documentation now.
hansfn
Developer

Postby Stingray » Fri May 06, 2011 8:32 pm

Hi hans,

I've found now that if an entry is posted from a mobile browser (i.e., Android Phone) using the mobile version of the backend and a subtitle is not set, that entry does the same as a moblog entry used to do. I'm not sure what file needs to be edited to fix this, but it sounds like another trivial fix.

I'm reporting it this time as soon as I discovered the bug; I only recently got a smartphone.
Stingray

Postby hansfn » Mon May 09, 2011 9:16 am

Thx for the bug report. This is fixed in revision 3670 which will be included in PivotX 2.2.6.
hansfn
Developer

Return to 2.x Bugs