jQuery not included with caching on

This is the place to discuss bugs that have been found in the most recent version of PivotX. Posting bugs will ensure that the Development Team is aware of them and that they will be addressed when resources are available.

jQuery not included with caching on

Postby Schop » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:11 pm

I don't know if this was unintentionally introduced in 2.3 beta 2, but when I switch 'output caching' on, jQuery and Fancybox are no longer included on the page. The same page with caching switched off does include the scripts.
Schop
Contributor

Re: jQuery not included with caching on

Postby hansfn » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:24 pm

Hi, I'm very happy to see this bug report. (I'm normally not.) You see, we have been discussion it on the dev list and I was the only one reproducing it ... You'll notice something funny - if you refresh the page, it might work. (On my site with very little traffic, I'm at least able to see that works - on and off.)

We hoped to fix the bug before releasing 2.3.0, but it will have to wait until 2.3.1.

PS! This bug wasn't introduce in PivotX 2.3.0 - it was present in 2.2.x too.
hansfn
Developer

Postby Schop » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:13 am

hansfn wrote:You'll notice something funny - if you refresh the page, it might work

On my website that seems to not be the case. I can refresh until Christmas I think, but no inclusion. If you want, I can give you full access to my server & PivotX if you want to troubleshoot.

PS. Even 'always_jquery' does not seem to help, but I'm guessing you already knew that.
Schop
Contributor

Postby ppescher » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:04 pm

Hi guys,
I can confirm this bug in 2.2.5 and 2.3.0

Sometimes jquery gets included, sometimes not, and sometimes refresh does the trick. :)

Also to me, adding "always_jquery" doesn't help.

That leaves my slideshow widget empty sometimes.

Actually I also have issues with fancybox and jquery on IE8, making the browser hang forever. I had to disable fancybox and get back to thickbox to make IE8 happy. But this another story, couldn't find any reference to this kind of bug.
ppescher

Postby hansfn » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:14 pm

Thx for confirming this caching issue. I happened to bump the issue on the dev mailing list yesterday.

The Fancybox extension in PivotX uses version 1.3.4. You should check if there is a newer version of the jQuery plugin and see if it solves your problem with IE 8. (Feel free to create a new thread for this issue.)
hansfn
Developer

Postby hansfn » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:34 pm

This has just been fixed and the fix will be included in the soon to come PivotX 2.3.2.
hansfn
Developer

Postby Schop » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:36 am

hansfn wrote:This has just been fixed and the fix will be included in the soon to come PivotX 2.3.2.

Is this included in the 'PivotX latest' download from the homepage of PivotX.net? I still seem to have issues with it, somehow.
Schop
Contributor

Postby hansfn » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:57 am

No. You need to grab pivotx-2.3.x-latest.zip from http://pivotx.net/files/unstable-development/. That is the one that will become 2.3.2.
hansfn
Developer

Postby Schop » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:21 pm

hansfn wrote:No. You need to grab pivotx-2.3.x-latest.zip from http://pivotx.net/files/unstable-development/. That is the one that will become 2.3.2.

I just downloaded that very zip file. The problem still persists.
Schop
Contributor

Postby hansfn » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:21 pm

Hm, I hope you are wrong. You have cleared the PivotX cache? And you are 100% sure all files where updated? (My local community site had this issue, but has worked for months now.)
hansfn
Developer

Next

Return to 2.x Bugs