2.3 - User-name Disappears and Site Resets

This is the place to discuss bugs that have been found in the most recent version of PivotX. Posting bugs will ensure that the Development Team is aware of them and that they will be addressed when resources are available.

2.3 - User-name Disappears and Site Resets

Postby kritikajoshi2 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:02 am

Hello,

My site has 2.3 version installed. Now whenever I try to post articles then after every 300 or 400 articles, site configuration resets. Even the admin user-name does not work.

When I try to visit my site then it shows the default pivotx install page where I set up the admin user again.

Please note. after creating the admin user when i login again, then all the content remains there. I have more than 2500 articles but none went missing. Its just the installation that happens again and again.

Thanks
Kritika
Attachments
Invald_Login screenshot.JPG
Error snapshot
Invald_Login screenshot.JPG (106.02 KiB) Viewed 3288 times
kritikajoshi2

Re: 2.3 - User-name Disappears and Site Resets

Postby hansfn » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:12 pm

Hi! We are of course very sorry that your configuration gets reset from time to time. (I don't think the problem is related to the number of entries - it's just a problem happening now and then.) What really happens is that the file get corrupted. This happened a lot with the old Pivot, but very seldom with PivotX. The report we get are mostly from people running over disk quota.

Anyway, since this doesn't happen regularly, it's very hard for us to debug (and fix) it. Sorry. The (ugly) work-around is to back-up the the config files - use the backup function in PivotX - and upload the config files (ser_users.php and/or ser_config.php should be enough) when it happens again.
hansfn
Developer

Return to 2.x Bugs