thumbs not working

This is the place to discuss bugs that have been found in the most recent version of PivotX. Posting bugs will ensure that the Development Team is aware of them and that they will be addressed when resources are available.

thumbs not working

Postby Gerard113 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:28 pm

Hi,

i use pivotx 2.3.1. (download from the frontpage) and like tot use the .thumbs. But when uploading my image there were no thumbs made in the folder where i find my normal images. I enabled the thumbs in the admin config upload tab i use the width 93 and hight 93 and thumbs kwal 75. I did not change the standard alowed imagesformats.

is something wrong with the thumbs or did i do something wrong.

Greetings,

Gerard
Gerard113

Re: thumbs not working

Postby hansfn » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:10 am

Hm, maybe I need to apologize. In fileupload.php you'll see a comment "FIXME: Add auto_thumbnail". That comment happens to be added by me, but I clearly had forgotten about it. So currently PivotX never creates thumbs when uploading. However, thumbs work if you use the fancybox extension, since it runs auto_thumbnail if the thumb is missing ... Sorry about wasting your time.
hansfn
Developer

Postby Gerard113 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:07 pm

Hans adviced me first to use the fancybox, because this uses thumbnails.

Afterwards he mentioned that :[[fancybox_setup]] doesn't create the thumbnails - it's if you
actually use the popup tag like this:
[[popup file="2010-01/image_name.jpg" description="(thumbnail)" alt="The name of the image"]]

Its a pitty that the automatic creation of the thumbs is working yet.
I used the thumbs for the frontpage of my website with a large quantity of images. When using the .tumbs. imges my site will load faster the without the .thums.

I hope that it will be repaired in the future.

Hans, thanx for your assistance!

Greetings,

Gerard
Gerard113

Postby hansfn » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:23 pm

OK, I finally realized that you aren't using the thumbs for popus (like they were intended in PivotX).

You shouldn't use the thumbs generated by PivotX at upload (which is a terribly static solution), but rather use the timthumb script that is included in PivotX. The easiest way to use timthumb is to use the Image Tools extension. After enabling that extension you can do

Code: Select all
[[ thumbnail src=someimage.png w=120 h=120  ]]

As easy as it can get ...
hansfn
Developer

Postby Gerard113 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:35 pm

I tried the image Tool extention and it is just what i needed. Had some trouble with the timbtumb config file and Hans has helped me with it.

Just one remark, when the thumbsnails in Pivotx are not working anymore, is n't it better tot remove them from the fileupload screen?

Greetings,

Gerard
Gerard113

Postby hansfn » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:39 pm

Yes, we will remove the thumbnail settings from the fileuplad settings screen if we don't fix/re-enable the automatic thumbnail generation.
hansfn
Developer

Return to 2.x Bugs