paging problem

This is the place to discuss bugs that have been found in the most recent version of PivotX. Posting bugs will ensure that the Development Team is aware of them and that they will be addressed when resources are available.

paging problem

Postby Gerard113 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:44 pm

I use on my website http://www.musical-info.nl the paging with the following code:

Code: Select all
[[ paging action="digg" ]]

When i click on next page [volgende pagina] i get to the following page and the layout is ok. But when i click again on next page [volgende pagina] i get the default layout which is delevered bij Pivotx?

Is is a bug or am i doning something wrong?

Pivotx 2.3.1 version 4052 sql

Greetings,

Gerard
Gerard113

Re: paging problem

Postby Harm10 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:52 pm

I cannot reproduce this problem.
On the link you specify I cannot see this digg pager. Where is it?
Are you using entries that are posted into more than one category and is that category allocated to more than 1 weblog?
If so perhaps you have defined the allocation of the categories wrong in the weblogs and is PivotX guessing wrong.....
But please a better sample linked to......
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Postby Gerard113 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:47 pm

Harm,

on every link on the menu the Digg is implemented for example http://www.musical-info.nl/?w=nieuws

Only one category is on this page and the maximum amount of entriesis 10. But there are entries which are posted in more than one category.the strange thing is when you click for the third time on the paging, you get the first entries which are displayed on the http://www.musical-info.nl/?w=nieuws
Strange is in't it?

Greetings,

Gerard
Gerard113

Postby Harm10 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:10 pm

This could possibly be related to http://forum.pivotx.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2521&p=13195&hilit=digg#p13195.
In that case Hans got access to the site and fixed something which was due to timed published entries (albeit flat file and you have sql).
I notice that on initial display when you hover over the links of the different pages the w= (weblog) variable is there with value "nieuws". After the first click that var is gone. Because there is no weblog value known PivotX reverts to standard.
You could try a different type of paging http://book.pivotx.net/index.php?page=app-b#anchor-paging and see what happens then.
Would it be possible for Hans to get access to your site to have a better look? (If Hans wants that of course.....).

Harm10
Developer

Postby Gerard113 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:56 pm

I think it has nothing to do with the timepublished entries. i had already upgraded tot 4052, so the solution of the forumtopic you mentioned should be solved.

I tried all solutions on the book page you mentioned and one will work :
[[ paging action='digg' amount=10 category="news,music,movies" ]]

Is there a way to detect the categorie and put that into the category="news,music,movies" part? Otherways i have to make 13 templates, because i have 13 categories.

Do you have a solution for that?

Greetings,

Gerard
Gerard113

Postby Harm10 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:08 pm

That's not what I meant. I meant to try to use the non digg paging samples. If you could still try that?

About the detection of the category. Probably $modifier.category contains the value of the category but that will only work if you have 1 category per weblog; because this is a weblog issue and not a category issue.
If you switch on debug check the debug slider in the right hand top to see what values the modifiers have on specific moments.

Harm10
Developer

Postby Gerard113 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:22 pm

With the paging = digg debug gives the following:

first page :
Modifiers:
uri => nieuws
root => (empty)
action => weblog
pagetype => weblog
weblog => nieuws
Templates:
Main: voorpagina.html

Second page:
Modifiers:
uri => nieuws
offset => 1
root => (empty)
action => weblog
pagetype => archive
weblog => nieuws
Templates:
Main: voorpagina.html

Third page:
Modifiers:
offset => 2
root => (empty)
action => weblog
pagetype => archive
weblog => my_weblog

Templates:
Main: bare_bones/frontpage_template.html

I have tried all the solutions on the paging section but none of them are working, ecept the [[ paging action='digg' amount=10 category="news,music,movies" ]]

If i use the paging like this [[ paging action='digg' amount=10 category="$modifier.category" ]] nothing will show on the page (paging has been gone)

Harm, Is this what you need to know?

Greetings,

Gerard
Gerard113

Postby hansfn » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:21 am

This seems like a bug. However, I don't see how it could happen by looking at the code ... I think I need FTP access again - sorry. The only way I can see this happen is if an extension is messing with the w/weblog parameter (but that is unlikely too).
hansfn
Developer

Postby Gerard113 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:57 am

I have sent you a PM with the ftp
Gerard113

Return to 2.x Bugs