website powered by pivotx and admin interface aren't loading

This is the place to discuss bugs that have been found in the most recent version of PivotX. Posting bugs will ensure that the Development Team is aware of them and that they will be addressed when resources are available.

website powered by pivotx and admin interface aren't loading

Postby jack84gnt » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:59 pm

My website is not loading correct as it does before, the message on the screen that i am getting when i typed my website url, is
"PivotX: Oops! Something went wrong!

You requested a page, but PivotX encountered a fatal error.

File is not readable!
A needed file ('..//home/abcdef/abcdef.org/pivotx/templates/skinny/skinny.theme') could not be read.
"
I can't even login to pivotx admin interface to check for any errors etc,. both my website and pivotx login are showing the same error screen. I have only two options, one-FTP access, other cPanel access. So please let me know how could i resolve this issue. Thanks in advance.
jack84gnt

Re: website powered by pivotx and admin interface aren't loa

Postby hansfn » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:33 pm

Log in with FTP and make sure 'pivotx/templates/skinny/skinny.theme' is readable.
hansfn
Developer

Postby jack84gnt » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:27 am

My folder paths has been set to old ones, now the site is not loading with css and also the internal links are also not working, the message i am getting is
"
Smarty error: [in mobile/page_template.html line 8]: [plugin] (secure mode) modifier 'stripimages' is not allowed (core.load_plugins.php, line 118): 256
PivotX Powered
Not found (404 error)

Fatal error: Call to undefined function smarty_modifier_stripimages() in /home/username/sitename.org/pivotx/db/cache/%%67^679^679EA9D6%%page_template.html.php on line 19
"
Please guide me restore to my good configuration.
jack84gnt

Postby Harm10 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:20 am

What version do you use and sql or flat? Can you login normally on the dashboard now you apparently changed the file rights (did you do all the required folders -- see documentation)? And finally test with the default weblog (and theme) whether that works OK.
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Postby hansfn » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:54 pm

You have either removed or disabled the Image Tools extension - the "stripimages" modifier is defined in that extension.
hansfn
Developer

Postby jack84gnt » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:43 am

I tried installing new copy of pivotx in a subfolder to find if there is any error. My existing pivot installation is in root directory and i created a folder named abc and put the unzipped pivotx_latest files, in there and i accessed it in my browser, surprisingly the all new copy of pivotx is also showing the same error message
"
Smarty error: [in mobile/page_template.html line 8]: [plugin] (secure mode) modifier 'stripimages' is not allowed (core.load_plugins.php, line 118): 256
PivotX Powered

Page not found (404 error)

Fatal error: Call to undefined function smarty_modifier_stripimages() in /home/umattersweb/usabilitymatters.org/pivotx/db/cache/%%67^679^679EA9D6%%page_template.html.php on line 19
"
Please guide me resolve this issue. Thanks in advance
jack84gnt

Postby Harm10 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:07 am

hansfn wrote:You have either removed or disabled the Image Tools extension - the "stripimages" modifier is defined in that extension.
Did you read hansfn's reply? stripimages is a template tag introduced by extension imagetools. So activate this extension and this error will disappear.

BTW I meant doing a standard install using the standard theme = default (or skinny) so you can check whether all basic functions are working (now you are working with theme mobile).

Harm10
Developer

Postby Harm10 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:05 pm

In your configuration you select as database model MySQL or flat files. That is what I meant. So what did you select? But really you should first follow up on hansfn's reply about extension imagetools.

Harm10
Developer

Return to 2.x Bugs