Admin login error and weblogs backup restore

This is the place to discuss bugs that have been found in the most recent version of PivotX. Posting bugs will ensure that the Development Team is aware of them and that they will be addressed when resources are available.

Admin login error and weblogs backup restore

Postby jack84gnt » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:31 am

Can not login to my pivotx admin interface. Getting this error:
"
Fatal error: Call to undefined method Smarty::allowRewriteHtml() in /home/user/site.org/pivotx/lib.php on line 267
"
My other issue is, my site was attacked by some malware, finally i removed it restored the files, everything looks little ok,except my weblogs. I got my entries and pages back but my weblogs are not recovered. They are very important for me. I have so many of them, around 10 to 15 weblogs. Please guide me in this regard. Thanks in advance.
jack84gnt

Re: Admin login error and weblogs backup restore

Postby hansfn » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:30 am

That function is part of the file modules/module_smarty.php - your installation seems to be broken. I would grab http://pivotx.net/files/pivotx_2.3.2.zip and upgrade/install it to ensure that your installation is OK.

The weblogs are defined in the file db/ser_weblogs.php. If you don't have a backup of that file, you'll have to recreate them manually.

PS! Since you have been hacked you should run the integrity checker in the PivotX Tools extension
hansfn
Developer

Postby jack84gnt » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:14 pm

I did a fresh installation of pivotx and moved my backup. I could access the admin interface till i moved "db" folder. Once i moved the "db" folder and tried to access the admin interface, i am getting some "DB" error. But mine is "flat files". i tried to access the admin interface with the newly created user and also with my previous login info from my backup users folder. Now i need to login to admin interface. The error i am getting is
"
There was a problem with the Database:
Can't connect to MySQL Database Engine
error code 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
If you're in the process of setting up PivotX, you should review your Database connection settings.
If it worked before, you should check if the Mysql database engine is still running on the server (or ask your systems administrator to check for you).
"
Please guide me in this regard. Thanks in advance.
jack84gnt

Postby Harm10 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:16 pm

If you use flat file installation you will still have working files in the db folder. So do not move that one. For example all your entries are in that folder (standard-00000). After all those data also have to be saved somewhere...... ;)
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Postby hansfn » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:10 pm

You have apparently chosen MySQL database when setting up the new PivotX. Just go to the configuration page and switch to flat files - go to example.org/pivotx/index.php?page=configuration and select the "Database" tab.
hansfn
Developer

Return to 2.x Bugs