Timeout when posting

This is the place to discuss bugs that have been found in the most recent version of PivotX. Posting bugs will ensure that the Development Team is aware of them and that they will be addressed when resources are available.

Timeout when posting

Postby jeboyd » Sat May 05, 2012 11:55 pm

Guys,
My customer's customers are complaining that since I have switched from the old Dreadwind Pivot to PivotX (version 2.3.2) they have to post their comments on the blog very quickly or they will get a timeout.
Any ideas or thoughts about what is going on here would be appreciated.
See below.
Thanks,
Jim

==================================================================
Jim,
I know you are out of town, but it looks as if we have a problem. I had the same problem yesterday with the time-outs when I tried to post the email alerts. I had to do it three or four times, really quickly.

> [Original Message]
> From: Ted Hamilton
> To: irene
> Date: 5/5/2012 4:55:59 PM
> Subject: Timeout Problem with IFP
>
> Irene,
>
> Several of us have noticed (posted on RDT chat area) unless we get a
comment to a blog up really really quick, it does not post, is lost and you
get a time out message.
>
> I've resorted to typing the comment, then copying it. Then when I get
the time out message go back and quickly type my ID and paste the comment
and post.
>
> A real PITA.
>
> Cheers Ya'll
>
> Ted A. Hamilton
> (aka Salvo Jimmy)
======================================================================================
jeboyd

Re: Timeout when posting

Postby Harm10 » Sun May 06, 2012 10:41 am

I don't have the answer only to add something to the quest. What editor is used here? I am using Wysiwyg and once and again I am experiencing a freeze especially when often switching from normal to full screen and using the HTML editor a lot. And maybe more far fetched: do they have Bonusfields installed? Because editing and using gallerylist together also has weird effects. Maybe also relevant: Firefox is often complaining of using to much storage when I am editing. All on 2.3.2 MYSQL.
Does this sound familiar?
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Postby jeboyd » Sun May 06, 2012 5:35 pm

Thanks. It's a MySQL database.
Good news ... I have since determined that another MySQL app on the same server was having timeout issues about the same time, so I'm pretty sure that it was a temporary problem with the server rather than a PivotX issue. Therefore, excuse the post.
Best regards,
Jim
jeboyd

Postby jeboyd » Tue May 08, 2012 2:59 pm

I looked in the server error logs and found the following error regarding the timeout problem that I continue to have occasionally.
I have provided this info to my hoster but wanted to see if you guys could provide any additional info concerning FastCGI issues and PivotX.

[Wed May 02 18:16:51 2012] [warn] [client 69.68.76.151] mod_fcgid: read data timeout in 40 seconds, referer: http://islandfreepress.org/
[Wed May 02 18:16:51 2012] [error] [client 69.68.76.151] Premature end of script headers: index.php, referer: http://islandfreepress.org/

Any info appreciated.
Thanks,
Jim
jeboyd

Postby hansfn » Tue May 08, 2012 7:38 pm

Most of us are using mod_php so don't expect many responses ;-)
hansfn
Developer

Return to 2.x Bugs