Something strange with #body-anchor

This is the place to discuss bugs that have been found in the most recent version of PivotX. Posting bugs will ensure that the Development Team is aware of them and that they will be addressed when resources are available.

Something strange with #body-anchor

Postby verbaljam » Wed May 16, 2012 1:43 pm

I have a strange problem with #body-anchor. I noticed it before at another weblog, but I thought we did something wrong in the design. But now it happens again in my Verbal Jam weblog.
The thing is: when I press the more-link at an article at the frontpage, the page does not jump to the #body-anchor on the entry page, but to the end of the page. This happens in IE, Firefox, but not in Chrome (all latest versions).
I replaced the default #body-anchor by a different anchor at the [[ more ]] and [[ body ]] tag, but that doesn't make any difference.
I checked with Web Developer Toolbar: the anchor is in the right place, but the browser doesn't seem to 'listen' to it.
Is this a bug? A browser problem? You can observe the problem at http://verbaljam.nl. Click on 'Lees verder...' and see what happens.
Any help would be appreciated, because this is very annoying.
If you read Dutch, you read Verbal Jam.
Lack of documentation makes even the best program useless...
verbaljam

Re: Something strange with #body-anchor

Postby hansfn » Wed May 16, 2012 10:14 pm

It seems to be a JavaScript issue. I spent some minutes trying to track it down, but it's hard without being able to turn stuff on and off. I'm guessing it's related to the image/slide show in the top.
hansfn
Developer

Postby verbaljam » Thu May 17, 2012 8:15 pm

Thank you Hans, I will check this out.
verbaljam

Postby verbaljam » Sun May 20, 2012 8:05 pm

Hans, I think you're right, when I switch off the slide show (Jcaroussel) in the header, the anchor behaves normally.
Any ideas how to solve this (except for switching off the slide show permanently)?
verbaljam

Postby hansfn » Sun May 20, 2012 10:17 pm

I would ask the Jcaroussel developer. I don't have any hints about where to look in the code ...
hansfn
Developer

Return to 2.x Bugs