Bug posting guidelines - READ THIS!

This is the place to discuss bugs that have been found in the most recent version of PivotX. Posting bugs will ensure that the Development Team is aware of them and that they will be addressed when resources are available.

Bug posting guidelines - READ THIS!

Postby Bob » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:51 pm

Hi,

We're always happy with bug reports, because it'll allow us to fix them. But, for us to be able to help you properly, we need some info about what's going on. Stick to these three simple rules, and we'll have the best chance of helping you out.

• Make sure you have a PHPinfo script online, and provide a link to it. This is a small script containing nothing more than this:
    Code: Select all
    <?php
    phpinfo();
    ?>

• Tell us what version of PivotX you're running, and whether you're using MySQL or Flat Files. Try to update to the latest version, because your issue might've been resolved in the meantime.

• Be as descriptive as possible. Telling us "it doesn't work" doesn't help much. Tell us what doesn't work, and what you expect it to do. Error messages are a great help too, as are screenshots. Try enabling 'debug' in Configuration, and see if the debug window tells you anything. Don't hesitate to post the output on the forum!
Bob
Lead Developer

Re: Bug posting guidelines - READ THIS!

Postby zeroshin » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:40 pm

thank you for these notes ;)
zeroshin

Postby Stark Raving » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:36 am

Sorry, Bob, but I don't understand the part about:

Make sure you have a PHPinfo script online, and provide a link to it.

Can you explain where this piece of code goes, and why?

Thank you.
"After I'm dead I would rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one." ~ Cato the Elder

"In heaven all the interesting people are missing." ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Stark Raving
Silver Sponsor

Postby Kevin » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:36 pm

You place the code quoted a couple of messages up into a file, traditionally named 'phpinfo.php'. Of course you can name that file whatever.php as long as you let the people trying to assist you know where it is located. It makes information available that the people assisting you will often find quite useful. More info about it can be found here.
BlogThemesExtensionsDocumentation • Support PivotX - Click the Donate button today!
Kevin
Administrator

Return to 2.x Bugs