Conflict between 2.3.6 and Bonus fields

This is the place to discuss bugs that have been found in the most recent version of PivotX. Posting bugs will ensure that the Development Team is aware of them and that they will be addressed when resources are available.

Conflict between 2.3.6 and Bonus fields

Postby verbaljam » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:34 am

This week I upgraded amsterdamcentraal.nl from version 2.3.3 tot 2.3.6 (okay, a bit late, but I was in the process of moving to a new house, ;-))
On the new entry admin page, we have some conditional bonus fields: if the category 'foto's' is chosen, an extra field is displayed, called fotos. From there we can upload a photo for the photo category.
Also, when the category 'video' is chosen, a conditional field 'video' is displayed, in which we can put the embed code for video.

After upgrading to 2.3.6, the conditional fields are displayed, no matter what category is chosen. Also the upload button to upload a photo doesn't work anymore: no pop-up is displayed.

I discovered that when I replaced the latest lib.php (from version 2.3.6) by the older lib.php from version 2.3.3, things work again as before.

Therefore my conclusion was: there must be a conflict between the new lib.php and the latest bonus fields extension.

Edit: Also the display of the dashboard menubar is messed up after upgrading to 2.3.6

Info:
Using 2.3.6 pivotx
Latest Firefox on Mac OsX
Bonus fields extension upgraded to latest version 1.32
If you read Dutch, you read Verbal Jam.
Lack of documentation makes even the best program useless...
verbaljam

Re: Conflict between 2.3.6 and Bonus fields

Postby hansfn » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:57 pm

The messed up dashboard menubar is either caching in your browser or a Minify issue that was fixed in revision 4245.

I don't have time to look at the Bonus fields issue.
hansfn
Developer

Postby verbaljam » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:54 pm

Can I safely use the 2.3.3 version of lib.php then?
What you say about Minify is techtalk to me, I don't understand it.
verbaljam

Postby hansfn » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:54 pm

No, using a file (like lib.php) from a different version is likely yo break.

Maybe, it was techtalk to you, but you should know if you have enabled Minify in the configuration, right? If so, the solution is found under the "text changed" link on the page I linked to.
hansfn
Developer

Postby verbaljam » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:24 pm

Somebody else did the installation in the past, so I didn't even know that the Minify thing was switched on. Anyway, I switched it off and the problem is solved. I succeeded in upgrading to 2.3.6.
Maybe it's a good idea to leave this Minify option out of future versions, it only causes trouble. ;-) And if it's still 'experimental' after several PivotX versions, the experiment has failed. ;-)
verbaljam

Postby Harm10 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:45 am

verbaljam wrote:Maybe it's a good idea to leave this Minify option out of future versions
It is good to know that when you install PivotX from scratch the option is "off". It just turns out that on some servers swtiching it on gives good results and on others it totally doesn't (hence still experimental.... ;) )
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Return to 2.x Bugs