My website keeps getting infected

This is the place to discuss bugs that have been found in the most recent version of PivotX. Posting bugs will ensure that the Development Team is aware of them and that they will be addressed when resources are available.

My website keeps getting infected

Postby deblouw » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:01 am

My website keeps getting infected with malicious scripts. I've installed the latest version (2.3.6) but files keep returning in the images folder. What could cause this? My host had currently put the website offline so I can't show you the site. Is this a known problem?
deblouw

Re: My website keeps getting infected

Postby hansfn » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:17 am

Have you read I have been hacked - now what?.If you don't clean up, there is no help in updating PivotX. The hacker has problably left a backdoor (AKA a remote shell) so he can return.

PS! If you give me FTP access, I can check for you (as an extra service - for free of course).
hansfn
Developer

Postby Nataniel » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:00 am

"The hacker has probably left a backdoor (AKA a remote shell)" - how to "close" the door? It seems to me I have the same problem :( I cannot give FTP access, so could you please describe how to do it? Thanks in advance!
Nataniel

Postby hansfn » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:33 am

If you tell me your PivotX site, I can help you. If I don't get a reply, I consider your post spam (as it most likely is).
hansfn
Developer

Return to 2.x Bugs