Debug bar and chrome

This is the place to discuss bugs that have been found in the most recent version of PivotX. Posting bugs will ensure that the Development Team is aware of them and that they will be addressed when resources are available.

Debug bar and chrome

Postby debbbole » Fri May 24, 2013 3:50 pm

Hi :)

after i enabled debug for a remote site, i found a strange behaviour of the debug bar. This happens only using Chrome (version: 27.0.1453.94 m).
When i open a specific page of the site, hiding the debug bar doesn't hide its scroll bars. I attach a screenshot of the problem:

1.gif
1.gif (53.15 KiB) Viewed 6191 times

On the page i'm using Google Maps Version 3 extension, and it seems the only difference between the page giving me the problem and the other pages of the site.

I tried to find the problem using chrome developer tools, and i found what you can see in the attachment 2 and 3. Seems like a css attribute problem:

2.gif
2 - the css "problem"
2.gif (59.73 KiB) Viewed 6191 times

removing the overflow-y attributes seems to restore the correct view to the page and to the hidden debug bar:

3a.gif
3a - hidden debug bar
3a.gif (56.71 KiB) Viewed 6191 times

I don't know how to really fix this: can you please help me? Ask me any question you thinl could be useful to understand the problem... :)
debbbole

Re: Debug bar and chrome

Postby debbbole » Fri May 24, 2013 3:53 pm

Couldn't add this in the previous post: hope this helps too! :)

A screen of the debug bar opened and chrome developer tools showing the actual css properties.

3b.gif
3b - working opened debug bar with modified inline css
3b.gif (81.18 KiB) Viewed 6190 times
debbbole

Postby Harm10 » Fri May 24, 2013 7:57 pm

I can confirm your reported problem.
As the debug bar is working correctly on pages without Googlemaps V3 I think it is safe to assume that it has something to do with that extension.
I tried to check whether the Google code has a new version and found that the API seems to have changed (for instance offer an option of direct streetview).
I leave it to the author (I think it is Hans) to implement the new API and options.

For now I consider this problem to be minor. It only happens when you have debugging on and the debug bar is opened (so no problem when it is closed).
(And only in Chrome)

If you really want to edit the css you are pointing to you can find it in templates_internal/assets (debugbar.css).
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Postby debbbole » Mon May 27, 2013 11:56 am

Tnx for the help! :D
debbbole

Return to 2.x Bugs