"hold" pages using wrong template

This is the place to discuss bugs that have been found in the most recent version of PivotX. Posting bugs will ensure that the Development Team is aware of them and that they will be addressed when resources are available.

"hold" pages using wrong template

Postby uineya » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:32 pm

If you access to a page in hold state by its url (example: http://www.dfad.biz/?p=ok )l, is rendered with bare_bones template regardless what template you choosed. Curiously, if you preview the page from the editor, it renders in the correct selected template. When you re enter editor, still marks the correct template in th template field, so the data is stored correctly. At the moment you change to publish state, page renders ok.

Actually using version 11. this bug was not present before on 1.9. We have tested with two lastest daily updates too.

Server php info: http://www.dfad.biz/test.php
Usin MySQL as database
uineya

Re: "hold" pages using wrong template

Postby Bob » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:21 pm

Hi,

This was actually changed recently.. before you could view 'unpublished' pages, by going to the URL, but this is not desirable. Instead it now displays a generic blank page instead. This will soon be replaced by a proper '404' landing page.

The only way to view those pages now, is by using the 'preview' button from inside PivotX.
Bob
Lead Developer

Postby uineya » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:46 pm

Ok. Thanks for aclaration. For us this is a problem, as we has been testing "hold" to create pages that don't want to appear on the menu, like, for example, legal disclaimers or landpages for contact forms or email campaigns, wich are hidden pages. As i know, there is no posibility (At least now) to get a page hiddend from the navigation menu, or create a hidden chapter, isn't? (Perhaps i'm wrong on this)
uineya

Postby Bob » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:37 pm

Ok, i will add a 'hidden config' option for this.

As a quick workaround, just edit the file modules/module_parser.php, around line 167, and remove this piece of code:

Code: Select all
        // If the page isn't published yet, we shouldn't show it.
        // TODO: this isn't foolproof, since if you guess the uid/uri, and pass
        // previewpage, you can still see it.
        // TODO: redirect people to the 404 page instead of showing an empty screen.
        if ($page['status']!=publish && empty($_GET['previewpage'])) {
            $page=array();
        }

For a 'cleaner' solution, you could use the 'onlychapter' parameter in your [[ pagelist ]] tag, like so:
Code: Select all
          [[ pagelist
                chapterbegin="<h3>%chaptername%</h3><small>%description%</small><ul>"
                pages="<li><a href='%link%' title='%subtitle%'>%title%</a></li>"
                chapterend="</ul>"
             ]]

And, by the way.. I notice your site doesn't have a 'powered by PivotX' link.. Would you be so kind as to add one, somewhere on the site?
Bob
Lead Developer

Postby uineya » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:22 pm

Thanks a lot. And of course, added the link I forgott it when importinr the old html design to pivot. :oops:
uineya

Return to 2.x Bugs