Importing old entries from pivot 1.4

This is the place to discuss bugs that have been found in the most recent version of PivotX. Posting bugs will ensure that the Development Team is aware of them and that they will be addressed when resources are available.

Importing old entries from pivot 1.4

Postby vengoroso » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:05 pm

Hi there,

I tried a new fresh install of PivotX beta 11, importing the old flat-files database from pivot 1.4.

Followed the usual procedure (clean-up database, convert entries to UTF, copy the files, copy the config files, then loging in... as stated in the instructions for importing) and at the beginning my old entries did not show up in PivtoX at all.

Tried rebuilding the index, and the entries did show up, but most of them didn't have any category associated to them. Only the ones in the categories "default" and "linkdump" were still correctly categorified.

I dont know if this is a bug or if I did something wrong this time, but since i already followed the same procedure with earlier betas and never found this issue before, I thought I might just ask...

Cheers
vengoroso

Re: Importing old entries from pivot 1.4

Postby Bob » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:19 pm

Hi, We haven't made significant changes to the import script lately, I believe..

Is it much trouble for you to wipe your DB in PivotX, and try again? If it fails again, i'd be interested to get a copy of your old DB, to investigate what goes wrong.
Bob
Lead Developer

Postby hansfn » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:37 pm

I have fixed this issue long time ago (by creating an import script also for the flat file database).

However, I think Bob has forgotten to update http://docs.pivotx.net/d/4-1-upgrading.php ...
hansfn
Developer

Postby Bob » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:08 pm

Sure, blame me! ;-)

Well, it's true, I'll update the page in the docs.. See here, for the instructions: viewtopic.php?f=2&p=1296#p1296
Bob
Lead Developer

Return to 2.x Bugs