Textile doesn't work on Pages

This is the place to discuss bugs that have been found in the most recent version of PivotX. Posting bugs will ensure that the Development Team is aware of them and that they will be addressed when resources are available.

Re: Textile doesn't work on Pages

Postby bretrooks » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:39 am

I figured the situation was something like that...

In that case, what accounts for the errant tags within my previous post, and what can I do to strip them out? I've tried deleting all the characters on each side of the tags and then retyping them, but that doesn't seem to do it. I've even deleted the post, published it, and then re-pasted the text from a text editor. No go.

Any ideas on what to do to strip those tags out? (I'm trying to avoid opening it in the HTML editor and then going back later an rechanging everything into Textile. Is there a way to force a retranslation based on the actual text in the Textile editor, stripping out invisible tags? (Should it do that by default, maybe?)

Another thought: Could you tie the text processing translation code to individual posts, instead of tying it to the identity of the poster? That way a user could learn new markdown without jeopardizing the formatting of previous posts.

Thanks,
Bret
PivotX 2.0 / MySQL / PHP 5.2.6
bretrooks

Previous

Return to 2.x Bugs