Problem with the editor's files

This is the place to discuss bugs that have been found in the most recent version of PivotX. Posting bugs will ensure that the Development Team is aware of them and that they will be addressed when resources are available.

Problem with the editor's files

Postby mruwa1z » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:31 pm

Hi!
I was about to post few infos and then the thing happened. I've already replaced the files on my server with the ones from pivotx_latest archive downloaded from here - nothing happened. Can you help? Every button in the editor acts like that.

EDIT:
I'm using the 2.3.9 release. Now, i don't know if it's just the editor issue, probably not.
Attachments
error_pivot.jpg
the popup
error_pivot.jpg (133.02 KiB) Viewed 10441 times
If i'm asking for help, it's about this site - http://klinrap.com
mruwa1z

Re: Problem with the editor's files

Postby Harm10 » Thu May 01, 2014 4:26 pm

It looks like an editor problem.
What happens when you change the type of the editor to be used for your userid? (You can do that through My info which is in your language Moje dane).
Or use another browser?
Or set another language for your userid?
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Postby Colp » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:34 am

I've just updated to 2.3.10 and have encountered this same problem. I open and entry in the WYSIWYG editor without issue, but the source editor button opens a blank box like this. I renamed the editor_wysi directory (for backup) and copied the files back over from 2.3.9, but there's no difference. Running 2.3.9 has no problems.

I'm using Chrome (version 37.0.2062.103 m), which gives me the blank box, but I've since tried Firefox (version 3.0) and that works properly.
Colp

Postby Harm10 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:24 pm

I tried to reproduce your problem in Chrome but I couldn't.
I am using 38.0.2125.104. So perhaps upgrading Chrome could help?

Just noticed this from the screen shot given that the title of the window is not translated.
If you also have this and are using English (see inc_init_tinymce.tpl in /templates_internal then possibly your /editor_wysi files are inconsistent.
You could try to check them or (if you have no customization done) just re-upload the files.

Harm10
Developer

Postby jasonJM » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:21 am

I know this post was from a few months ago, but I am having the same problem but reuploading those files did not correct the problem. What other options do I have to reinstate the HTML editor window?

FYI, I was also trying to update a url in a hyperlink and the little url window also comes up blank.

Thanks

Jason
jasonJM

Postby Harm10 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:43 pm

What happens in another browser? And are your translation strings in the windows translated?

Harm10
Developer

Postby jasonJM » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:11 pm

Its the same in othr browsers

When the html editor window opens the title bar says #advanced_dlg.code_title

When I try the html link option it has a similar title of #advanced_dlg.link_title

Thoughts?

Thanks

Jason
jasonJM

Postby Harm10 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:29 pm

Perhaps check the entire content of folder editor_wysi? You can safely delete the folder and then upload it again.
Also check inc_init_tinymce.tpl in folder templates_internal

You do not see any html or script errors reported in your browser?

Harm10
Developer

Postby jasonJM » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:11 am

Okay so I have deleted both the editor folder and init file and re-uploaded them but the problem still remains.

Next step was opening the web console in firefox and then accessing 'the page' in pivotx back end to try and edit it. Upon loading the page the web console reported an alert 'Use of Mutation Events is deprecated. Use MutationObserver instead.' The file listed for the problem is tiny_mce_gzip.js line 128.

Following that I clicked on the page in general (bothing specific) and the web console threw another alert, this time it was 'Use of getPreventDefault() is deprecated. Use defaultPrevented intead'. The file for this was jquery-1.8.2.min.js

Then I clicked the html editor button. The blank window came up but no other alerts or errors were reported in the web console

Following that I opened firebug and re-did the above procedure but no warnings or errors came up. I also tried these in Chrome and IE 11 but same results as per Firefox, i.e. no joy

J
jasonJM

Postby jasonJM » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:55 pm

Hi,

just wondering whether anyone has other suggestions on how to fix this problem. I still cannot update the content of my pages through the html source window, nor update any links.

Thanks

Jason
jasonJM

Next

Return to 2.x Bugs