Updating registered visitor info

This is the place to discuss bugs that have been found in the most recent version of PivotX. Posting bugs will ensure that the Development Team is aware of them and that they will be addressed when resources are available.

Updating registered visitor info

Postby cjeukens » Thu May 22, 2014 12:10 am

As Admin I am trying to modify the info of registered visitors.
When pressing the 'update registered visitor' button, I get stuck in an endless loop without a save action.

1. Administration
2. Registered visitors --> I get the list of all visitors with status confirmed and non-confirmed
3. I select a record of a non-confirmed visitor and press the Update button --> I get an update registered visitor popup.
4. In the popup I check the 'confirmed' tick box and press the update registered visitor button --> the popup enlarges to full screen and undo's the changes.
Pressing the update registered visitor button results in an endless loop without saving. In the address bar of my browser I see: <website>/pivotx/index.php?page=visitoredit&user=Madelon

Q: how to exit the loop AND save the record?

Regards
Coen
cjeukens

Re: Updating registered visitor info

Postby hansfn » Thu May 22, 2014 7:36 am

This is probably a JavaScript issue. Either you are using an old version of PivotX or you have upgraded PivotX and your browser is using an old cached version of a JS file.

Which version of PivotX? Try to force a full reload - CTRL + F5. If nothing helps, give me access and I can track it down very quickly.
hansfn
Developer

Postby cjeukens » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:08 am

I am using 2.3.6.
Error occurs in both Firefox and Safari.
I will send my PW via email.
cjeukens

Postby hansfn » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:30 pm

Thx for the PM. Editing (changing verified status) worked for me in both Chrome and Firefox. Not sure why it doesn't work for you.

Did you try full reload (Ctrl + F5) - or a browser that you haven't used before on this site?

PS! You should also upgrade to the latest PivotX, but I guess you know.
hansfn
Developer

Postby cjeukens » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:25 am

Hmmm.

Both Safari and Firefox prevent me from updating registered visitor info. Even after a forced full refresh.

Tried IE on a different computer. Tada, I can update the info.

This work around will do for now. Still curious what is wrong with my Safari and Firefox.

Coen
cjeukens

Return to 2.x Bugs