new entries not shown on front page

This is the place to discuss bugs that have been found in the most recent version of PivotX. Posting bugs will ensure that the Development Team is aware of them and that they will be addressed when resources are available.

new entries not shown on front page

Postby Stingray » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:36 pm

I cannot for the life of me figure this one out.

I posted a new entry last night (August 30, 2014), and it appears on my front page. I posted a new entry again today, and it doesn't appear on my front page. The strange thing about this is that the new entry does show up using different a different weblog/template. Both weblogs are set to show the same categories.

Default: http://geoffrey.famwagner.com/
The top entry on the front page here is "What I Did This Week, no. 35" which was posted on August 30. You can click on the 31 on the calendar and see the newest entry listed there.

Different Weblog: http://geoffrey.famwagner.com/?w=atlantisv3
The top entry on the front page here is the latest entry.

I have looked at the templates. I have looked at the entries. I have looked at the db files. For all that I can tell, this should not be happening.
Stingray

Re: new entries not shown on front page

Postby Stingray » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:53 pm

Viewing the entry "What I Did This Week, no. 35" and going to the bottom for entries navigation, you can get to the newer entry which was posted today, but it won't show up on the front page.
Stingray

Postby Stingray » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:25 am

Okay...I've traced the problem to some php code I've inserted into my sidebar that is supposed to insert a line or a few showing an event that happened on the current date. I have commented that out while I search for the bug.

EDIT: I'm sorry to have bothered anyone. The problem was timezones and setting the default one at a place that it shouldn't have been done. It's all fixed, now.
Stingray

Postby Harm10 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:45 pm

No problem. Thanks for letting us know. Perhaps someone else can learn from it.
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Return to 2.x Bugs