editing categories in weblogs not possible(subweblogs empty)

This is the place to discuss bugs that have been found in the most recent version of PivotX. Posting bugs will ensure that the Development Team is aware of them and that they will be addressed when resources are available.

editing categories in weblogs not possible(subweblogs empty)

Postby ruthenoid » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:45 pm

Hi,
after editing the weblog settings, the tab "subweblogs" becomes empty (there are only the two buttons: save and back).
not only this, the weblog listing page (index.php?page=weblogs) then stops showing the assigned categories.

this happens when there is more than one weblog present.
I am not able to further track it down.
it seems that previously assigned categories are still working (well, i'm not entirely sure about it), but they are not displayed or editable anymore.

this is a pain in the ass: you have to delete the weblog and enter everything again. if you miss something and want to re-edit any (i guess any) of the weblog settings you'll lose the posibility to edit the categories in the subweblog tab. well you could try and edit the ser_weblogs.php file but then you'll have to count characters (its an awful format, sorry, am ranting :P ).
couldn't you change those configs to use json or xml?

thanx

EDIT: this happens when opening the editing page of a weblog, you don't need to save anything and the categories get removed.
ruthenoid

Re: editing categories in weblogs not possible(subweblogs em

Postby Harm10 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:15 am

On what version of PivotX are you. And what type of installation (flat files?). Did you set the folder rights correctly including the subfolders (redoing them could help).
You checked the theme templates you are using? This also happens with the standard theme is activated?
Quality is in the detail of things............

Want to change or update your PivotX site? Mail or PM me!
I can also convert your site to a Wordpress site!
Harm10
Developer

Re: editing categories in weblogs not possible(subweblogs em

Postby ruthenoid » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:46 pm

The version here is 2.3.11. I use an SQL database, don't know about flat files. The permissions seem to be correct (deployed on my nas under my user, so everything is writable. bunch of stuff in db/cache). I use my own templates without any fancy stuff (no php code, no smarty modifiers).
Did not try standard themes yet. Will update you on that.
ruthenoid

Return to 2.x Bugs