Understanding Bolt (because I want to use it!)

A forum for Bolt related questions / issues

Understanding Bolt (because I want to use it!)

Postby gwbonline » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:30 am

I'm a very enthousiastic fan of Pivot and PivotX. Now there is Bolt. Of course I want to use that cms too. Bob, we've talked about it via email a couple of times. Yesterday I've read the documentation and I see the potential of Bolt. But it is also much more difficult than I was used to with PivotX. I will have to learn it the hard way, because in many ways Bolt does things different. I understand the basics, but I get lost when it comes to specific coding. The documentation provides lots of information and examples, but not everything that I find in the templates is discribed and that makes it very difficult for me to understand. I hope I will get familiar with it, so I can use this new cms as well.
gwbonline

Re: Understanding Bolt (because I want to use it!)

Postby streeff » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:55 pm

If you have any specific questions, please fire at will.

I have made the jump from PivotX to Bolt. Of course it took some time to get familiar with a new system, but I am really happy about it.
Evert Albers, Streeff - web // branding // information design - Amersfoort & Amsterdam, NL
Site: http://www.streeff.nl
streeff

Re: Understanding Bolt (because I want to use it!)

Postby Bob » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:31 am

Just try, and ask away if you get stuck. Once you're over the initial hurdles, you'll find that Bolt and PivotX are acutally not that different in the way they handle things. Sure, the template language is completely different, as well as the way we handle databases, but the _ideas_ behind it are quite similar. :-)
Bob
Lead Developer

Return to Bolt Discussion